ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grab urls

<< < (13/16) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Like Stephen, I can't post a checksum of a file that gets immediately removed by Defender.

Defender Definitions v1.267.267.0 (so below Deo for both, but mines showing no updates available on either - I wonder if those are regional or something.).
-Stephen66515 (April 24, 2018, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was on that version of the definitions when I started making the post but decided to check for updates just in case a newer version would result in the file not being flagged. The file was still flagged on the newer version. So I put down the newer version as what I was currently running.
-Deozaan (April 25, 2018, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, also just updated to the latest and it still flags.

wraith808:
I'm on 1.267.306.0

4wd:
Just updated:

Still no hit.

- https://mega.nz/#!DQUSDS4Q!3oCI6KwWTivL3PSTcTAv4YDQxKfkgxMEsehkdTLumP0-Stephen66515 (April 25, 2018, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Downloaded from that link, (in case there was some weird geo-specific packaging), exact binary equivalent as the one I have.

@Deo, @Stephen - you guys have weird systems  :P

Honestly, can't think of what else it can be unless something you guys are running is interacting with Defender.  I'm leaning towards you guys simply due to the numbers:

Wraith, Kalos don't indicate anything on their systems, I've got six systems (five Win10Pro + WHS2011) plus one completely brand new Win10Pro VM with no other programs and yet ... nothing ...

Not even MBAM mentions anything until I scan the files after installation, (I'm guessing it's because it didn't try to do anything bad, eg install PUP, even though it's set to treat it as malware).

And yet no one detects it as anything listed on VirusTotal ... so WTF?

VirusTotal
Jotti
VirSCAN

About the only thing I'm getting out of this is it's the AV that can't be trusted.

wraith808:
Wraith, Kalos don't indicate anything on their systems, I've got six systems (five Win10Pro + WHS2011) plus one completely brand new Win10Pro VM with no other programs and yet ... nothing ...
-4wd (April 25, 2018, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 10 on both, with MBAM/Defender running.

About the only thing I'm getting out of this is it's the AV that can't be trusted.
--- End quote ---

I thought we'd already established that  :P

4wd:
--- End quote ---

I thought we'd already established that  :P
-wraith808 (April 25, 2018, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

The technician in me wants to know :-\

(Damn stupid inner voice)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version