ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grab urls

<< < (10/16) > >>

tomos:
I installed Jdowloader2 and this horrible software changed my Firefox search engine to horrible bing.com!
I wonder how can I revert it back and what other 'alterations' it made to my system??
-kalos (April 22, 2018, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Were you not change (back) the default search engine and home page yourself (?)

And can you elaborate on the 'fake google results'?

4wd:
The whole thing just strikes me as very very odd indeed.
-Stephen66515 (April 24, 2018, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

What I find odd is across six different systems using the same AV you're getting three different results on the same file:

Stephen: Trojan (Chrome)
Deozaan: Trojan
Wraith: Clean
Kalos: Clean (Firefox)
4wd: Clean (Vivaldi)
VirusTotal: PUA

I'm assuming that both Wraith and kalos didn't get a hit by Defender because neither said the installer was quarantined.
I'm also assuming that kalos used Firefox since he never mentions anything else.

Now I'm going to guess that Deozaan uses Chrome and Wraith, Not Chrome ?

VirusTotal, yeah well, its results change dependent on wind direction and time by the looks, only have to look at the results for the keylogger a couple of days ago, started off at 14/64, then 22/65, then 26/66, now who knows what they are.  That and the overly scary (mis)classifications used by the majority of AV manufacturers based on what something looks like, not what it does ... its results are something I take with a grain of salt, (my opinion only).

kalos:
I installed Jdowloader2 and this horrible software changed my Firefox search engine to horrible bing.com!
I wonder how can I revert it back and what other 'alterations' it made to my system??
--- End quote ---

-tomos (April 24, 2018, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did change back the homepage and search engine, but who knows what other damage it has caused.
About fake google results, I did post a video earlier:
<a href="https://ufile.io/k18fj"></a>

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I've seen it before on infected systems.  They hijack any searches to do it on another platform and make it look pretty similar to google.  Changing the search engine doesn't change this; it's an extension/plugin/BHO.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I did post a video earlier:
-kalos (April 24, 2018, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I changed that in the prior post to not be link, because archive.is shows it linking to some sketchy sites.  I'll leave it, but you might want to look at using a more reputable site to host your downloads- perhaps even just attach it here?

kalos:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I've seen it before on infected systems.  They hijack any searches to do it on another platform and make it look pretty similar to google.  Changing the search engine doesn't change this; it's an extension/plugin/BHO.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I did post a video earlier:
-kalos (April 24, 2018, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I changed that in the prior post to not be link, because archive.is shows it linking to some sketchy sites.  I'll leave it, but you might want to look at using a more reputable site to host your downloads- perhaps even just attach it here?
-wraith808 (April 24, 2018, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, here it is.
EDIT: oh it doesn;t let me upload flv! :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version