ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grab urls

<< < (11/16) > >>

Deozaan:
Now I'm going to guess that Deozaan uses Chrome?
-4wd (April 24, 2018, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep. I'm using Vivaldi, which is Chrome-based.

But note that it wasn't Chrome/Vivaldi that flagged it for me. It was Windows Defender's real-time protection.

4wd:
--- End quote ---

But note that it wasn't Chrome/Vivaldi that flagged it for me. It was Windows Defender's real-time protection.
-Deozaan (April 24, 2018, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

There goes that idea, was hoping you'd say Chrome.

Now it's even stranger since we're both using Vivaldi and Defender on the same file and yet I don't get any hit from Defender, even when I scan it after download.

Makes absolutely no sense ...

Deozaan:
Now it's even stranger since we're both using Vivaldi and Defender on the same file and yet I don't get any hit from Defender, even when I scan it after download.
-4wd (April 24, 2018, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you using Windows 10? Maybe we're running different OSes or different versions of Defender/definitions. I'm on Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.402). My Windows Defender threat definitions are on 1.267.306.0.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-Deozaan (April 24, 2018, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

There goes that idea, was hoping you'd say Chrome.

Makes absolutely no sense ...
-4wd (April 24, 2018, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it makes you feel better, I'm using Chrome, Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes, and none of them gave any indication.

KynloStephen66515:
I'm on Windows 10 version 1709 (Build: 16299.371) Defender Definitions v1.267.267.0 (so below Deo for both, but mines showing no updates available on either - I wonder if those are regional or something.).

Just redownloaded and Chrome (or Windows Defender...I don't actually know which is murdering it...I just know that Chrome says "Virus" but the more info button opens Defender...so....yeah) caught it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version