ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Recommendations for where to get SSL Certificates?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Their prices were wonderful, though I found their process painful and confusing.  And worse, I understand that the certificates from StartSSL will start to be marked as untrusted soon for reasons that are slightly beyond my ken.-mouser (November 28, 2016, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh crap!For now I am trying Comodo's InstantSSL and the process seems to be pretty painless and fast thus far. They will generate 90 day ssl certificates for free so its a great way to test things.-mouser (November 30, 2016, 12:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Will they do wildcard certs during the 90 day preview? If StartSSL goes untrusted I'm screwed on several fronts.

Thanks for the heads up.

mouser:
Will they do wildcard certs during the 90 day preview? If StartSSL goes untrusted I'm screwed on several fronts.
--- End quote ---
not only won't they do wildcard certs during the 90 day preview, but a wildcard cert is something like $900.  :tellme:

Don't take my word on the StartSSL untrusted stuff.. The whole ssl cert scene is confusing to me and I'm just operating on the bare scraps of info that i pick up, and i have a very tenuous grasp on the whole process, much like my interactions with the fair sex.

Jibz:
Have you tried K Software? I was looking at them back when I thought about getting a code signing cert. They are Comodo resellers. Looks like a wildcard cert is $145/y.

http://www.ksoftware.net/ssl_certs.html

Mind you, I have no experience with them, since I ended up not getting one (still too expensive for me).

mouser:
I had forgotten all about K Software.. They seem like a good place to get certificates.

Stoic Joker:
Don't take my word on the StartSSL untrusted stuff.. The whole ssl cert scene is confusing to me and I'm just operating on the bare scraps of info that i pick up, and i have a very tenuous grasp on the whole process, much like my interactions with the fair sex.-mouser (November 30, 2016, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can you point me (link) at where you got that (untrusted) impression...so I can - try to - make an informed decision to panic?

SSL gives me fits too, I suspect mainly because the entire scheme is intentionally designed to be horribly overcomplicated. And any time you try todo anything with it, it's always long strings of cryptic options that invariably lead to 30+ pages of documentation that vaguely elude to explaining it (but don't). It really is pointlessly agonizing to deal with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version