ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Image Manager Shootout

keywords and image management thoughts

<< < (5/5)

Carol Haynes:
It's interesting that there was a huge outcry when the Adobe LightRoom beta was made available on the Mac but not on the PC (it is available on both now). Presumably this was because the Mac version was aiming to compete with another product and they weren't so interested in PCs.

Recently Mac users have been complaining that a lot of Adobe stuff seems to be more PC-centric. Not really surprising since that forms the vast majority of their market these days (by a big margin) whatever the historical situation was with the Mac.

Cavalcader:
It is strange that it is so slow as one of the things they point out in the demo video is how quick and responsive it is. I don't really uinderstand why it appears so slow-Carol Haynes (July 20, 2006, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
They did post in a couple places that ...it is important to note that: ...    * We have not reached our performance goals on Windows and continue to work on improving speed in all aspects of the application.
 ;)

Jan-S:
Am I alone in feeling like most of this is stuff that should be provided at the OS level? [...] This is the kind of thing I was hoping for with Vista.-JavaJones (July 13, 2006, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually you're not the only one, Microsoft is working on a new file system called WinFS that ought to be included in Vista but has been delayed. WinFS is a file system based on relational databases - so actually you could tag any of your files with any kind of metadata and be able to search for email messages of all people that show up on at least two photos taken in France. 8)
See wikipedia for details.

/edit: Oh, I see you're actually well informed of this.

JavaJones:
Yeah.  :( Where's my *sob* emitocon?  :'( just looks silly. ;)

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version