ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

E-mail sevice

(1/2) > >>

HLindsay:
Hello everyone,

I have a number of dbx files in Outlook Express. However Outlook Express does not open them probably because they are corrupted. So my question is, could anyone suggest me view corrupted dbx files?

Thanks in advance,
Herbert Lindsay

MilesAhead:
This tool is dated 2007.  I don't know how often, if ever, .dbx files change their format.  It may still be useful.  But I would work on copies rather than the originals when trying it:

Page Link

Note that the download link in the page did trigger an exe file download.  I sent it to VirusTotal and it looks OK.  That's all I can say for it.

HLindsay:
Thanks for answer

MilesAhead:
Thanks for answer
-HLindsay (November 23, 2016, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are most welcome.  :)

BBBender:
Hi,
Try these steps: Right click on Local Folders at the top of the folder tree and then New Folder and name it. It will appear in alpha order after the Drafts folder. If it useless try this app https://www.viewertool.com/dbxviewer.html
It permits repairing suspect folders in Outlook Express format and attempts to retrieve emails, attachments, contacts and other items from affected DBX files.
Best Regards,
Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version