ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017: Feast Day / Fast Day (Android)

(1/11) > >>

mouser:
Introduction
"Feast Day / Fast Day" is a bare bones minimalist dieting application.  It is well suited as an aid to scheduling "cheat days" for low-carb and similar diets.   It should run nicely on any screen size.

* Play store URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donationcoder.fastdayfastday
* Local download: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/android/downloads/feastdayfastday-release.apk
The 3 Modes
  At any given time, the program will be in one of 3 modes: Normal, Feast, or Fast.

Normal Mode
  You will spend most of your time in Normal mode, where you must stick to whatever diet you are currently on (low-carb, etc.).  You can configure how long Normal mode lasts, but a typical duration would be 5 days.  After this duration, the program remains in Normal mode, but a button becomes available that will let you trigger Feast mode.  You might think of this as a separate mode, "Normal Mode - Ready".

Feast Mode
  Feast mode will only last a short period of time (configurable, but typically something like 24 hours), during which you are allowed to eat as much as you want of whatever you want.  After this duration, the program automatically switches into Fast mode, where you are not allowed to eat anything.

Fast Mode
  Fast mode lasts only a short period of time (configurable, but typically something like 24 hours), during which you may consume only water or similar liquids.  After this duration, the program automatically switches back into Normal mode, where the cycle continues.  Note that you could set this to 0 to bypass the use of Fast mode entirely and only cycle between Normal and Feast modes..

The Philosophy
  The philosophy of the program is based on the following concepts:

* The simpler and clearer the rules for eating, the easier it is to stick to your diet
* Brief periods of eating whatever you want can be a reasonable way to indulge and stick to your diet at other times, and keep your body from hoarding calories
* Fasting (especially after feasting) is a good way to reset your system and keep you from increased cravings.
Scoring Points
  To help motivate you, the program tracks your "score" over time, which is calculated as follows: For every minute you delay triggering Feast mode (after your mandatory time in Normal mode), you will receive 1 point.

Is This Healthy?
  I haven't the slightest idea.  Lawyers would probably suggest we stick all sorts of warnings here for liability reasons.  I'm not a nutritionist and this app should be used in conjunction with your common sense.  If it doesn't help you, stop using it.

Credits
  Cupcake icon made by Baianatfrom http://www.flaticon.com is licensed by Creative Commons BY 3.0.

Example of program cycling through modes:

You start out in normal eating mode, where you must stick to your (low carb, etc.) diet:

After a set number of days you enter into a mode where you are allowed to trigger Feast mode at your digression.  This mode will never transition on it's own and you accumulate points the more you delay triggering the subsequent (Feast) mode:

Triggering Feast mode gives you a short (configurable) time to eat whatever you want:

When Feast mode ends, you are thrown into FAST mode, where you are not allowed to eat any food at all:

Eventually that mode completes and you go back to normal mode again:

Some options, you can change colors and durations, and turn off the display of your score if you find it unhelpful:

VERSION HISTORY
v1.23 - 12/1/16

* New menu item to terminate feast mode early and win some bonus points.
v1.21 - 11/29/16

* You can now customize mode labels.v1.13 - 11/26/16

* Sync fixes.v1.08 - 11/25/16

* Added option to only trigger mode changes on Long click.

For a similar sister app, see my Feast Decreaser app.

tomos:
Does it throw a dice to see which it will be, does it? does it?
maybe I could use it for beer :p

disclaimer:
I've been working too long :-[

TucknDar:
 ;D Promising title!

Deozaan:
Good thing this is a NANY release. That way all the big meals will be behind us (or on our behinds) before we have to fast. :)

rgdot:
Widget that tells me to stop drinking sugar laden pepsi please  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version