ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017: Feast Day / Fast Day (Android)

<< < (7/11) > >>

mouser:
oh i see.. that's a bug then.. i'll fix.

mouser:
Not sure why I didn't reply to this yet, but I believe I fixed this problem in the last update.

mouser:
Hey guys, I think there may be something to this app!

I've been using it for the last couple of weeks now, following the rules, and losing weight.  And not suffering too terribly :)

The key, for me personally, really does seem to me to be this idea of having an occasional feast (cheat) day followed immediately by a day of fasting.

Psychologically, the fact that I can look forward to an entire day when I can eat whatever I want is very helpful in helping me stick to my diet during the week.

And then, even more importantly, the day of fasting comes in to halt the runaway feedback avalanche that would otherwise kick in after I start eating junk food.  This is absolutely critical because the fast really does seem to reset my cravings, and without it they just seem to get stronger.  After the end of the day of fasting I'm back to just wanting a little normal food.

So.. I feel like I want to recommend that other people give this app a try.  Tweak the durations of the modes to see what works for you.  Maybe if your serious buy yourself a cheap tablet for the kitchen, put it on a stand, and just leave the app running on that.

Let me know if it works for you!

Caveat: Let me reiterate that this app does not tell you how to eat most of the time -- if you want to lose weight you will have to find a reasonable, moderate diet that you can stick with most of the time, hopefully with some exercise sprinkled in.  For me that's generally a low-carb diet and regular running.  The primary function of this app is to let you blow off steam and indulge occasionally without getting derailed from your diet.

Ath:
Not sure why I didn't reply to this yet, but I believe I fixed this problem in the last update.
-mouser (December 19, 2016, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I reported the issue of not changing to the next stage on v1.23, and according to the FP, that's the latest..., so I don't think a fixed version is released yet :-[

mouser:
I must have just forgotten to post here about the update. Can you try the latest version and let me know if it's fixed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version