ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Problem: CHS consistently very slow to display clips. Need workaround or fix.

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
I'll have you a debug version before tomorrow.  Email me at [email protected], we can talk more quickly over email.

mouser:
Can you try this version:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/downloads/alpha/ClipboardHelpAndSpellSetup.exe
* or portable version: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/downloads/alpha/ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable.zip
This version adds an option for updating the last-view-date of each clip, setting this to false by default (you'll find it in the Misc Options 1 tab).  In prior versions this was always done.
It may be that this is slowing down your browsing of clips.

If this doesn't help I have a debug version ready for you to try and send me feedback on.

mouser:
Looks like Iain and I may have made some progress beta testing some changes.. Stay tuned.

IainB:
This can definitely be flagged as "FIXED" now!
I have downloaded CHS v2.38 BETA Portable.zip and installed it, from
CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.38.0 BETA - Dec 16, 2016

Thanks a lot for doing this speed-up. Nice work. You raised the bar of CHS' performance.   :Thmbsup:
 CHS v2.38 BETA is blazingly fast - just like it should be. Out of interest, I was just comparing it side-by-side with CHS v2.36 BETA on another laptop. No contest!
And thanks also for improving the functional ergonomics of the Home/End keys. It's only a small ergonomic improvement, but, when one uses those keys as frequently as I tend do on a daily basis, then it can all add up so that even a small ergonomic improvement like that can make for a vast improvement over time, in terms of time saved.

By contrast, the speed-up is also an ergonomic improvement, but it's a big deal (massive) improvement for this user, and it changes one's whole perception of the ease-of-use of CHS. After this fix, one can now better use CHS for the sorts of things it should and could have been useful for, by design, but which one had avoided using it for, because it was effectively crippled by such a proverbial PITB. (Because of my critical view and high expectations, I am usually extremely impatient with computer software and can't abide "laggy" functionality in a GUI that I need to use.)

A much happier user now!    :)

mouser:
Awesome  :Thmbsup:

Thanks for all your patience and perseverance helping me solve it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version