ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

ALT key problem

<< < (3/4) > >>

mikeyww:
Thank you!

Mike

tomos:
I haven't made myself clear.
-mikeyww (November 14, 2016, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
no,
it was clear what you wanted :)
On international keyboards at any rate, the 'right Alt' is 'AltGr' which is a different key. So saying they 'should' both work was maybe what prompted the responses. I find it an interesting topic anyway -- I was surprised (and happy) many years ago to find with some (graphics) software I was able to use AltGr+[whatever] instead of Ctrl+Alt+[whatever] shortcuts.

wraith808:
I haven't made myself clear.
-mikeyww (November 14, 2016, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
no,
it was clear what you wanted :)
On international keyboards at any rate, the 'right Alt' is 'AltGr' which is a different key. So saying they 'should' both work was maybe what prompted the responses. I find it an interesting topic anyway -- I was surprised (and happy) many years ago to find with some (graphics) software I was able to use AltGr+[whatever] instead of Ctrl+Alt+[whatever] shortcuts.

-tomos (November 14, 2016, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't clear to me :)  So I appreciated the clarification, and apologize for any confusion injected into the conversation.

mikeyww:
Thanks!

IainB:
Because I didn't like to suggest to a FARR user that they could work around this overlooked key issue/problem for themselves, I refrained from mentioning it earlier, but it had occurred to me that one could use AHK (AutoHotkey) to capture and distinguish between LeftAlt and RightAlt keys at the time of key depression, and thereby trigger the requisite FARR functionality when the RightAlt key was depressed.

This would be a workaround that one could immediately implement, and would not necessitate a change in FARR. I mean, it seems a bit like overkill to have to program in a change to FARR just for one overlooked key. Nor would an AHK workaround be likely to be affected by any subsequent change in FARR, though of course one would need to be continually using AHK to make it work in the first place (and which is actually the sort of thing that AHK is useful for, anyway). Of course, not all FARR users will necessarily be (or want to be) AHK users as well.
Just a thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version