ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

ALT key problem

(1/4) > >>

mikeyww:
ALT + number key launches programs if the left ALT key is used but not when the right ALT key is used.  Please enable for both!

Computer: TOSHIBA PORTEGE R930
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Version 6.1.7601
Service pack: 1.0
Total physical memory (MB): 16262
Available physical memory (MB): 9994
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 64-bit
Processor type: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
BIOS: TOSHIBA Default System BIOS Version 6.80 
Motherboard: TOSHIBA PORTEGE R930 Version A0
Dots per inch (DPI): 120

Mike

IainB:
That's interesting.
I had not tried that before, having simply assumed that LeftAlt was different to RightAlt anyway (same with LeftShift/RightShift and LeftCtrl/RightCtrl being different), but I've just tried it and confirmed it for myself - LeftAlt is indeed different to RightAlt. This is on an HP Pavilion laptop, OS is Win10-64 Pro.

wraith808:
ALT + number key launches programs if the left ALT key is used but not when the right ALT key is used.  Please enable for both!

Computer: TOSHIBA PORTEGE R930
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Version 6.1.7601
Service pack: 1.0
Total physical memory (MB): 16262
Available physical memory (MB): 9994
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 64-bit
Processor type: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
BIOS: TOSHIBA Default System BIOS Version 6.80 
Motherboard: TOSHIBA PORTEGE R930 Version A0
Dots per inch (DPI): 120

Mike
-mikeyww (November 13, 2016, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

My suggestion would be to add another short cut for launch, and use the alternate key.  Does that work?  If it does, then that would seem to be the correct way to code such a feature, as left and right are different, and some would only like to use one (Me) but not the other.

mikeyww:
Since the keyboard interface provides only one action for the ALT key, both ALT keys should work to perform the designated action.

ayryq:
Do you have something else using right alt? Many systems use it as a modifier for accented characters; I think windows may be able to use it for certain accessibility options as well. I run a utility (WinCompose) which captures right-alt (I use only left-alt for launching farr, and typically numpad for launching programs).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version