ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

win10 whats new

(1/3) > >>

anandcoral:
Win10 auto updates now and then. It gives me message that "updates installed. learn more". I try to learn more of "what's new in this update" in a "lay user term", but no. It has all sorts of information in various webpages but not a clear cut what it just gave me in this update, other that decreasing my broadband limit.

Is there a way I can see "whats new" in this version/update of Win10 ?

Regards,

Anand

IainB:
Not sure whether you will have tried this already:

* If you go to Settings | Windows Update | Update history, then you will be presented with a list of short descriptions of items that have been updated.
* Underneath each item description it says something like "Successfully updated 2016-11-10".
* Clicking on that should provide you with relevant information in a drop-down box, with a link to "More info".
* Clicking on that should take you to a web page at https://support.microsoft.com packed with the relevant info.
Hope this helps or is of use.

anandcoral:
Not sure whether you will have tried this already:
-IainB (November 10, 2016, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I did it many times but mostly I get "Critical Error" fix list.

I expect something like below, from another program "changes" file,

--- ---// History

v23.20

- Brace auto-completion
    * Brace pairs defined in wordfile are auto-closed when opening brace is typed
    * If no braces in wordfile, or if file is not syntax highlighted, "()", "{}", and "[]" are used as defaults
  - String auto-completion
    * Can be disabled for non-highlighted (plain text) files
  - Lightning fast file sorting
    * Sort large files in a fraction of the time of previous versions
    * More efficient memory management when sorting

Is it expecting too much from MS ?

Regards,

Anand

wraith808:
What's in the critical error fix list?

IainB:
...Is it expecting too much from MS ?
-anandcoral (November 10, 2016, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, yes, quite probably. If the info in the steps I indicated above (and which you had already taken) is not sufficient for your needs, then you will probably have to put up with it. I am not sure that MS would necessarily feel obligated to provide further information about their development changes to what is arguably still an essentially proprietary OS. I mean, why should they? For example, if they did, then they might inadvertently reveal flaws/weaknesses in the OS that could be exploited by malicious hackers. I'm only supposing here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version