ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New PDF editor: FlexiPDF from SoftMaker

<< < (2/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I think the moral of the story is....if you want it...find somebody in the USA to buy it for you...or be prepared to pay more than your american counterpart.  :huh:
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2016, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, 80€ here with tax.
I have great respect for companies that dont screw us in Euros (and you in Sterling even more).
But as said, they're few and far between unfortunately.
FWIW, this is tiddlywinks compared to how Adobe will screw you due to your location [although they may have gotten better that way since they only rent their software]. I guess I've gotten resigned to this level of screw :-/
-tomos (November 09, 2016, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't really mind it when they are physical products which are subject to import tax and other such things, but it makes 0% sense when it's a digital product which costs them no more/less, regardless of your location  :(

4wd:
Personally try to avoid letting PayPal/Amazon/etc do any sort of currency conversion, they're worse than my bank when it comes to that.

Curt:
© SoftMaker Software GmbH, Iceni Technology Ltd.-inside the FlexiPDF application
--- End quote ---

^ So, FlexiPDF is a version of Iceni Infix Pdf Editor - my favourite PDF text editor!  :up: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35507.msg332043

Infix Pro PDF Editor
35% Off $198.75 USD
Discount: -$69.56 USD
$129.19 USD (Bits du Jour only) http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/infix-pro-pdf-editor will at first show outdated $103 price, but then handle new $129 price-Bits du Jour
--- End quote ---

Buy Infix Now
€89 +VAT Per Year
€8.99 +VAT Per Month

Unlimited use of TransPDF.com
-Iceni
--- End quote ---

At $80 SoftMaker FlexiPDF's price might seem quite a better price than the original's. However, this may include less features - the use of TransPDF.com is certainly one - but I have not studied the text, to figure out exactly what is different. Maybe one should just write and ask them...

Well, I am pleased SoftMaker has taken up this little gem; I see this as a promise it won't be obsolete in the near future.

SoftMaker:
I would like to take this opportunity to clean up some misunderstandings about how SoftMaker's prices are calculated.

FlexiPDF 2017 costs either EUR 79.95 or US$ 79.95.

If you are a customer in the U.S., you pay US$ 79.95. We pay our income tax on that, and that's it. In Canada, same thing, with the price dynamically converted to Canadian Dollars.

If you are in the European Union, things become much more difficult for us. The EUR 79.95 we charge to European customers contain value-added tax. If you live in Germany, we pay 19% of that EUR 79.95 to the German tax offices, if you are in the UK, we pay 20% to the UK revenue service etc. We have to declare value-added taxes in every single member country of the European Union.

So, if you as a UK customer paid us EUR 79.95 (our shop converts it dynamically, to the minute, to GBP), more than 13 euros goes straight back to your own revenue service. Our income on that purchase is around EUR 66.50. And this LESS than what we earn from a U.S. customer, for whom we don't have to pay VAT.

Now before American customers complain that THEY have to pay more, please consider that currency exchange rates fluctuate, and we can't adjust prices every day.

If you don't like the EU VAT regime, we are the wrong place to complain about.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker

tomos:
^ Thanks Martin for clearing that up

If you don't like the EU VAT regime, we are the wrong place to complain about.
-SoftMaker (December 07, 2016, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can understand you getting defensive about it, but Softmaker were logically the place to start. At least we now know how the system works, thanks to your detailed post :up:
I dont envy anyone having to deal with all those different sales taxes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version