ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New PDF editor: FlexiPDF from SoftMaker

(1/7) > >>

mwb1100:
Looks like there's a new entry in the PDF editor market: FlexiPDf from SoftMaker, who are responsible for the SoftMaker Office Suite and some font collections.

- http://www.softmaker.com/en/flexipdf

I haven't tried the software so can't give any kind of review.

Introductory price is $60 (or €60) for the Standard version, $80 (or €80) for the Professional version.  Webpage says those are introductory prices.  I have no idea how long they might be valid for or what the pricing might be after the 'introduction'.

KynloStephen66515:
Looks like there's a new entry in the PDF editor market: FlexiPDf from SoftMaker, who are responsible for the SoftMaker Office Suite and some font collections.

- http://www.softmaker.com/en/flexipdf

I haven't tried the software so can't give any kind of review.

Introductory price is $60 (or €60) for the Standard version, $80 (or €80) for the Professional version.  Webpage says those are introductory prices.  I have no idea how long they might be valid for or what the pricing might be after the 'introduction'.
-mwb1100 (November 09, 2016, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

If they can't be bothered actually doing currency conversions (and ripping off those who pay in EUR)...then I wouldn't even entertain them.

tomos:
If they can't be bothered actually doing currency conversions (and ripping off those who pay in EUR)...then I wouldn't even entertain them.
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2016, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

something I intensely dislike as well, but, in fairness there's very few that do (actual currency conversions).
If I can, when paying, I'll try and pay in US$ to see if it works out cheaper.

Add to that, there's very little between the two at the moment.

EDIT// the Euro price includes 19% VAT. Dont know if they charge that to all customers (? they a German company & I'm in Germany)

KynloStephen66515:
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2016, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

something I intensely dislike as well, but, in fairness there's very few that do (actual currency conversions).
If I can, when paying, I'll try and pay in US$ to see if it works out cheaper.

Add to that, there's very little between the two at the moment.

EDIT// the Euro price includes 19% VAT. Dont know if they charge that to all customers (? they a German company & I'm in Germany)
-tomos (November 09, 2016, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paying in EUR would mean you pay 6EUR more than you would if you paid in USD - Yeah, in fairness it's not THAT much, but..in reality, there is 0 need for it when there are a plethora of payment modules that just do the price for you (or if you set a single currency, and have Paypal as your provider...they do the work for you) - there is really no excuse - I'd understand it if they had to keep changing it manually due to fluctuating rates..but we all know this is not the case.

In regards to your edit, they are charging me 20% tax (as per UK rates)
included VAT (20%): £ 11.70
included VAT (19%): £ 0.00

The total for Pro: £70.20 ($87.20)

I think the moral of the story is....if you want it...find somebody in the USA to buy it for you...or be prepared to pay more than your american counterpart.  :huh:

tomos:
I think the moral of the story is....if you want it...find somebody in the USA to buy it for you...or be prepared to pay more than your american counterpart.  :huh:
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2016, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, 80€ here with tax.
I have great respect for companies that dont screw us in Euros (and you in Sterling even more).
But as said, they're few and far between unfortunately.
FWIW, this is tiddlywinks compared to how Adobe will screw you due to your location [although they may have gotten better that way since they only rent their software]. I guess I've gotten resigned to this level of screw :-/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version