ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

NANY 2017: MMAHW! (Make My Active Hours Work!) - Cancelled

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
To the best of my knowledge, answer #5 here, works well, and involves setting up a scheduled task that runs every 10 minutes and disables the scheduled task that is the automatic reboot task, after an update. I made only one change to the task, and that is for when that task starts running (at startup instead of some specific time of day set by original author).

No additional scripts, .bat files, or programs are needed, other than just importing this scheduled task, and manually running it the first time (or rebooting).

--- Code: Text ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><Task version="1.4" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">  <RegistrationInfo>    <Date>2017-01-05T04:05:51.0187432</Date>    <Author>http://superuser.com/users/1909/kpozin</Author>    <URI>\NoReboot</URI>  </RegistrationInfo>  <Triggers>    <BootTrigger>      <Repetition>        <Interval>PT10M</Interval>        <StopAtDurationEnd>false</StopAtDurationEnd>      </Repetition>      <Enabled>true</Enabled>    </BootTrigger>  </Triggers>  <Principals>    <Principal id="Author">      <UserId>S-1-5-18</UserId>      <RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>    </Principal>  </Principals>  <Settings>    <MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>    <DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>false</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>    <StopIfGoingOnBatteries>true</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>    <AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>    <StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable>    <RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>false</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>    <IdleSettings>      <StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>      <RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>    </IdleSettings>    <AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Hidden>false</Hidden>    <RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>    <DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>    <UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>true</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>    <WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun>    <ExecutionTimeLimit>PT1H</ExecutionTimeLimit>    <Priority>7</Priority>  </Settings>  <Actions Context="Author">    <Exec>      <Command>schtasks</Command>      <Arguments>/change /tn \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot /DISABLE</Arguments>    </Exec>  </Actions></Task>

wraith808:
That particular script solves a different problem, i.e. disabling reboots.  The purpose of this program was to allow you to set your active hours to longer than 12 hours,

app103:
That particular script solves a different problem, i.e. disabling reboots.  The purpose of this program was to allow you to set your active hours to longer than 12 hours,
-wraith808 (January 05, 2017, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

But what would be the actual reason for why anyone would want to do that, if not to prevent unwanted, unexpected, forced reboots?  :tellme:

wraith808:
-wraith808 (January 05, 2017, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

But what would be the actual reason for why anyone would want to do that, if not to prevent unwanted, unexpected, forced reboots?  :tellme:
-app103 (January 05, 2017, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't care if it reboots.  If I turn off reboots, then I'm likely not to do it for a long while.  And if it installs and doesn't reboot, no other windows installer based installers will work because it will have pending installer actions.  I just want to shorten the window.  Right now I have it so it doesn't reboot, and a few times I've either not been able to install something, or had strange effects because I haven't rebooted yet.

app103:
Right now I have it so it doesn't reboot, and a few times I've either not been able to install something, or had strange effects because I haven't rebooted yet.
-wraith808 (January 05, 2017, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's an effect I had not considered, mainly because I have not experienced that, myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version