ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any lawyers here?

<< < (3/3)

MsDayna:
You would have to prove intent to panic. There would have to be mass hysteria.

Scaring one woman to death isn't a case.

This kind of thing falls squarely on the 'Good Samaritan Act'.  You cannot be charged with giving too much aid... only not enough.

Dayna.

MilesAhead:

This kind of thing falls squarely on the 'Good Samaritan Act'.  You cannot be charged with giving too much aid... only not enough.

Dayna.

-MsDayna (October 22, 2016, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

This reminds me of the Orson Welles War of the Worlds radio broadcast.  Likely hyped "panic" as a publicity stunt.  I mean are thousands really going to panic if you tell them Martians are invading?  There would likely be more panic nowadays if there were a news bulletin that the NFL had filed for Chapter 11.  :)

crabby3:
--- End quote ---

If I had bothered to tape TWC's Hurricane Matthew 'show', from beginning to end, I could probably prove intent to panic.

As far as mass hysteria is concerned.  Who's to say there wasn't?  Maybe not in S. Florida but possibly further up the coast?

--- End quote ---

How many people have to die for it to be a case?  Ten?  Fifty?

Dayna.

--- End quote ---

You can't be charged with giving too much unreliable aid?
TWC's Cone of Probability kept showing Matthew skirting the coast up to N. Carolina then taking an abrupt right turn and heading back toward Bermuda.
Only after Matthew made landfall, around S. Carolina, did TWC stop showing that illogical right-turn-graphic.

I bet there wasn't a bottle of water, a can of food, a battery or a piece of plywood to be had in Bermuda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version