ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Editing a post is creating a new post?

(1/1)

wraith808:
In the thread https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=39119, I noticed that another poster had a strange post in which they quoted my post twice.  Then, I tried to edit my post (am sure I clicked modify) and when I saved, it created a new post.  I'll keep a look out for the exact behavior (it doesn't happen all the time), but wanted to at least put up the symptoms I've seen.

mouser:
i've never seen that happen before!

wraith808:
i've never seen that happen before!
-mouser (October 18, 2016, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd never seen that either.  And when it happened, I was flummoxed, and of course thought it was me.  But the two choices are (a) I hit quote, or (b) modify is doing something strange.

So I clicked quote, and even in that case, it didn't give the same results, i.e. I got

First post

--- End quote ---

Cursor is here... so in post, it should be outside of quote.

However, the behavior in the post was...

First Post

--- End quote ---
Second Post

--- End quote ---

Very strange.  And interesting!

Deozaan:
I accidentally hit "Modify" a lot recently when I mean to hit "Quote." And in my efforts to not do that, I've found myself hitting "Quote" a lot when I mean to hit "Modify."

I'm not sure what the deal is, but it's something I've been having a lot of trouble with lately. But I just assumed it was another example of PEBCAK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version