ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If not Cubby, then what?

(1/2) > >>

Daleus:
So now that Cubby is pulling the rug out from under it's users, what sync service et al are you moving to?

I was getting all ready to try it based on recommendations from Donation Coder.

wraith808:
So now that Cubby is pulling the rug out from under it's users, what sync service et al are you moving to?

I was getting all ready to try it based on recommendations from Donation Coder.

-Daleus (October 17, 2016, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Where did you get this information from?  I have a paid subscription, and have received no indication that they are terminating the service.

Daleus:
I went to Cubby.com today and it said no more new users.  When I clicked a link or two, that's what I found.

Of course, now that you challenge it I wonder should I have been to cubby.net, or cubby dot some other thing?

They say they are rolling it's features into Logmein Pro.

http://help.cubby.com/knowledgebase/articles/897432-cubby-retirement-faqs-for-pro-and-enterprise-subc

wraith808:
I found out that it doesn't affect me until my sub runs out.  They'd tried to sell me on LogMeIn Pro before, but it appeared to not have the same features.  I'll be looking into that.  If it's LogMeIn + Cubby, then I'll be staying.  If it doesn't have the features that I use in Cubby, I'll just be going to OneDrive.  I already have 1TB there from O365.  The only reason I haven't been using it is the ability to put a cubby anywhere, and make any folder into a Cubby.  Without that feature, it's not worth it to me.

Daleus:
I've been looking for a replacement since Dropbox programmed around features in the Apple API, and Evernote started imposing 2 comps only in it's free offering.

OneNote and OneDrive, while not as feature complete the two advantages of no sub, and free is definitely hard to beat.

I have changed my setup a bit lately anyway.  I now have syncing accounts with my central comp, and use Syncthing to sync the main comp with any others in the housed that need it.

I sure was hoping to try out Cubby though.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version