ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

mystery icon

<< < (3/4) > >>

dr_andus:
You could have used Glarysoft's very own Security Process Explorer to find it...  ;)

mwb1100:
So they have a program running continually to check for updates and they put an icon for it on your task bar that does nothing other than take up space?  How irritating.

x16wda:
So they have a program running continually to check for updates and they put an icon for it on your task bar that does nothing other than take up space?  How irritating.
-mwb1100 (October 15, 2016, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
So it puts the icon in the task bar to show it's there. Then apparently it pops up another one to show it's doing the check.

holt:
-mwb1100 (October 15, 2016, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually it's quite useful; it runs continually to let you know a program is running continually, and to warn you that it can't tell you what the program is.  ;)

edit: Ah well, I guess it's not that funny; now if only I could figure out how to switch it off and prevent it starting; I'll have to poke around and see what can be figured out.

anandcoral:
Hi holt,

I will suggest you install winpatrol It is one of my MUST_HAVE.

It will give you list of "startup Programs" and you can easily disable which you do not want, like "Glarysoft updater" here.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version