ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OneDrive Crashing in Windows 10

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
Junction Point, perhaps?

I, too, experienced problems with Dropbox and Junctions in the past:

I just tested out using Junctions to point "My Dropbox\Games\Diablo II\save" to "Games\Diablo II\save" and it appears to be working properly as far as the fact that it's the same folder and same files, unfortunately it doesn't work at all with regard to Dropbox recognizing the files are changing and synchronizing to the cloud or to other computers.

Has anyone else successfully gotten something like this to work with Dropbox?
-Deozaan (February 03, 2010, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Like Stoic Joker, I finally gave up on that.

Deozaan:
NTFS has many advantages over FAT32, however, if you plan to use the card in different devices, FAT32 would be smarter to use, because it is the most widely supported file system, no matter the operating system that any of your devices is using.-Shades (October 14, 2016, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

The biggest problem with FAT32 these days is the 4GB filesize limit. Or is it 2GB? Either way, it's just too small.

wraith808:
Junction Point, perhaps?

I, too, experienced problems with Dropbox and Junctions in the past:

I just tested out using Junctions to point "My Dropbox\Games\Diablo II\save" to "Games\Diablo II\save" and it appears to be working properly as far as the fact that it's the same folder and same files, unfortunately it doesn't work at all with regard to Dropbox recognizing the files are changing and synchronizing to the cloud or to other computers.

Has anyone else successfully gotten something like this to work with Dropbox?
-Deozaan (February 03, 2010, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Like Stoic Joker, I finally gave up on that.
-Deozaan (October 14, 2016, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... duh!  ;D  I didn't actually use a Junction, I used a Symbolic Link- I mis-stated myself above.

i.e. mklink /d c:\users\username\folder1 d:\folder1

A really good document on the differences: http://www.2brightsparks.com/resources/articles/NTFS-Hard-Links-Junctions-and-Symbolic-Links.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version