ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TreeProjects 40% off

<< < (5/5)

rgdot:
I prefer TreeProjects because it does keyboard captures, organization of nodes (keyboard shortcuts to add a child or new item for example) and search more simply in my opinion. I also like TreeProjects' 'reference' item (basically items are referenced or 'exist' in more than one place in a database)

RightNote is more feature-rich though (calendar, spreadsheet support, paragraph styles, bookmarking web pages with an automatic thumbnail...just to name a few) I think one place you see that is when you right click a node or tree item in RightNote but I believe TreeProjects is adding or planning some similar features -  there is or was a roadmap page for TreeProjects - so it depends if you really need or want them.

rgdot:
sorry quoted instead of modify

superboyac:
I prefer TreeProjects because it does keyboard captures, organization of nodes (keyboard shortcuts to add a child or new item for example) and search more simply in my opinion. I also like TreeProjects' 'reference' item (basically items are referenced or 'exist' in more than one place in a database)

RightNote is more feature-rich though (calendar, spreadsheet support, paragraph styles, bookmarking web pages with an automatic thumbnail...just to name a few) I think one place you see that is when you right click a node or tree item in RightNote but I believe TreeProjects is adding or planning some similar features -  there is or was a roadmap page for TreeProjects - so it depends if you really need or want them.
-rgdot (February 15, 2012, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I got em both!! :stars:
But I'm using RightNote currently.

J-Mac:
TreeProjects available again today at Bits:  $19.60 for the version that's normally $49.00.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but it's the only one with any info about TreeProjects that I found here.

Is there any more info from users of it since this thread died previously?

Thanks!

Jim

rgdot:
Started this thread way back and was/is a fan, it didn't receive updates for a long time and now it has become free.

The world of software was quite different back then in 2011, when I released the first versions of TreeProjects (and much more so in 2009, when I started working on it). And it is a very good thing! The age of desktop domination has ended; ubiquitous cloud storage and synchronization emerged, and it is the norm for software solutions to be cross-platform and cross-device. This is something I myself expect when considering a piece of software or a service.

TreeProjects did not evolve to become such a server-based, cross-platform solution – it remains an old school Windows desktop program. And it is unlikely that it will ever change. TreeProjects is still an essential tool for me – I have been using it since the very first release. I know for a fact that it has been as useful to the people who have become customers, and whom I deeply thank. The program wouldn’t have become what it is without their support.

However, in these days of rightfully increased expectations, and in hopes that this will make the world better, I have made TreeProjects available free of charge. An option to purchase a license is still available for those who’d like to buy me a lunch!
--- End quote ---

http://personaldatabase.org/treeprojects-is-now-free

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version