ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Group Policy settings

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
... or more likely, "We know how to protect users from themselves, think of all the support we'd have to provide for Home users when they screw up their Group Policy settings or forget their Bitlocker password, that'll cost us bucket loads, just remove those items from the Home edition."
-4wd (October 10, 2016, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That makes a bit more sense. Not that I agree that it shouldn't at least have some easily unlockable featureset, but I can see that rationale.

Stoic Joker:
... or more likely, "We know how to protect users from themselves, think of all the support we'd have to provide for Home users when they screw up their Group Policy settings or forget their Bitlocker password, that'll cost us bucket loads, just remove those items from the Home edition."
--- End quote ---

That makes a bit more sense. Not that I agree that it shouldn't at least have some easily unlockable featureset, but I can see that rationale.

-wraith808 (October 11, 2016, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Think back to how many times in the past you've had a user in a business environment ask you what the green files are for ... and that's about as much justification as is needed. ;)

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Think back to how many times in the past you've had a user in a business environment ask you what the green files are for ... and that's about as much justification as is needed. ;)

-Stoic Joker (October 11, 2016, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

It annoys me when I say, Open Windows Explorer.  Then we go through a bit of back and forth... and I realize they've opened Internet Explorer.

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (October 11, 2016, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

It annoys me when I say, Open Windows Explorer.  Then we go through a bit of back and forth... and I realize they've opened Internet Explorer.
-wraith808 (October 11, 2016, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

After suffering the agony of constantly having to tell people not to type the www. in front of support.companyname.com (ad nausium). I finally gave up, and created an cname alias of www.support.companyname.com. Because the back and forth was consuming way to much time trying to catch them doing it.

It really is amazing how many people just assume things are complicated and simply shutdown with out even trying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version