ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any lawyers here?

<< < (2/3) > >>

crabby3:
I wonder if TWC has a disclaimer hidden in there someplace that weather forecasts are "for entertainment purposes only?"  :)

As for anything government related they usually just cite Sovereign Immunity and refuse to discuss the matter.  Then again I am not an attorney and all the stuff I have heard is just that.  Hearsay.  :)

Anyone know what Perry Mason has to say about it?

-MilesAhead (October 19, 2016, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Wither Channel always seems a little over-the-top, during a hurricane but their version of Matthew was just crazy, IMO.

The disclaimer is probably the show itself.  Like WWE or NASA's Unexplained Files.  ;D

Did Perry Mason ever lose a case?

crabby3:
The Weather Bunny parody brought back memories of simpler time.  Though all 3 of my news/weather channels had zero women... men only.
-crabby3 (October 21, 2016, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I liked the ones where the woman had to write on the glass backwards.  They were standing behind a glass weather map with a white crayon.  For the viewers to read what they wrote they had to write it on the glass backwards.  Not only that but often they wore outfits similar to a magician's assistant.

-MilesAhead (October 21, 2016, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Everything backwards.  Right to left.  Sounds difficult for any gender.  :(

MilesAhead:
Did Perry Mason ever lose a case?
-crabby3 (October 21, 2016, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember him losing one case in the original 50s/60s series.  Probably just as a shocker to boost ratings.  On the retro TV channels I used to get a kick out of the Perry Mason shows when they started with the pilot and played them in order.  At first Burr and his P.I. "Paul" were lean and hungry.  As the show became successful they both obviously indulged in La Dolce Vita.  Burr must have been 200 LBS heavier in the last show than in the first episode.

wraith808:
http://www.perrymasontvshowbook.com/pmb_c209.htm

MilesAhead:
http://www.perrymasontvshowbook.com/pmb_c209.htm
-wraith808 (October 22, 2016, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting.  I should have known it was a switcheroo.  The Superman comic book used to drive me nuts with the "Superman dies" bit.  It got to the point they would put "Not a robot.  Not a dream.  Not a parallel universe."  Plus five other disclaimers.  Then they would unload a new gimmick like a possible future that never happened or some crap, to get out of it.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version