ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

7-zip updated to 16.04

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
7-zip stable for Windows updated to 16.04.

Deozaan:
Why is this noteworthy?

IainB:
Well, it doesn't seem noteworthy, given the recent history of changes (see below), but then one never knows how significant those fixes/changes might have been for some users (including oneself). Generally any incremental bugfix or improvement is probably welcome in an archiving tool - given its relative importance in the software armoury. I had v16.03 and as a precautionary approach have just updated to v16.04 anyway, after reading this thread - I use the RAR functionality and also do some work under Vista - so, thanks for the heads-up @MilesAhead.

HISTORY of the 7-Zip
--------------------
16.04          2016-10-04
-------------------------
- The bug was fixed: 7-Zip 16.03 exe installer under Vista didn't create
  links in Start / Programs menu.
- Some bugs were fixed in RAR code.

16.03          2016-09-28
- Installer and SFX modules now use some protection against DLL preloading attack.
- Some bugs were fixed in 7z, NSIS, SquashFS, RAR5 and another code.

16.02          2016-05-21
- 7-Zip now can extract multivolume ZIP archives (z01, z02, ... , zip).
- Some bugs were fixed.

MilesAhead:
Why is this noteworthy?
-Deozaan (October 05, 2016, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
The update to 16.03 was quite recent and this may have flown under the radar.  Not to invoke DefCon 5 or anything.  :)  I know a lot of people prefer 7-zip especially on DC so I mentioned it.  :)

Deozaan:
I just checked and I was still on v9.x. I guess it's been a while since I updated it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version