ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Unjust Desserts

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
MS CEO gets big bonus

And after over a year searching with Bing I still cannot achieve my laudable goal of a free coffee at Starbucks!

app103:
And after over a year searching with Bing I still cannot achieve my laudable goal of a free coffee at Starbucks!
-MilesAhead (October 04, 2016, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't take long with Google to find the free coffee: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/09/27/deals-freebies-national-coffee-day-where-to-get-them/90727136/

It was 5 days ago. Looks like you just missed it.  :(

And while Starbucks did participate, they weren't one of the places giving away freebies to customers (just free coffee trees to needy farmers). Krispy Kreme was giving away free coffee and donuts, though.

MilesAhead:
^^^  Yeah but what I want is some guy who can explain string theory in 25 words or less to take a stab at figuring out how many eons I have to search with Bing to get a Cafe con leche free.  I suspect I will be dead for 15 years by that time.  With my luck they will burn the milk too.  :)

app103:
Sounds like you aren't using the right keywords.

MilesAhead:
Sounds like you aren't using the right keywords.
-app103 (October 04, 2016, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I see.  There is a misunderstanding because Bing is a search engine.  What I was referring to is a promotion by Microsoft to use Bing for searches.  Just for giggles I signed up and used Bing off and on.  I keep getting these promotional emails with all these pictures and mumbo jumbo.  One of the promotions had a bunch of prizes and you were supposed to pick your goal.  I figured I would select something very mundane and attainable.  Just to see what would happen.  I picked a free coffee at Starbucks.  That was several months ago.  I have been unable to ascertain from any of the subsequent communications if I am close to or light years away from this magnificent reward.

I don't link a lawyer could decipher this stuff.  It is all marketing hype-speak.  Lots of pictures and no information.  I just assume that I will never get my coffee.  I would rather pay $10 for a coffee than do all the work needed to figure out if there is any real information in any of this stuff I get from them.  I think a lot of other people do the same.  It is probably psychologically engineered to get people to set Bing as default search engine, then give up in disgust when they receive all the ads.  But I am sure a certain percentage don't bother to set the engine back to Google.  That's how they getcha'!!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version