ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

[free] Paste As File giveaway

<< < (2/2)

michaelkenward:
For years I have been accustomed to what (for me) seems to be an ergonomic no-brainer - being able to paste from the Clipboard directly into a folder, and a file is automatically created to hold the contents, either as a .txt (text) file and extension or as a .png (image) file and extension - depending on the contents of the Clipboard being pasted at the time.
I only very occasionally have need to use this functionality.
-IainB (September 30, 2016, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

This feature is one of the many reasons for using Directory Opus.

Add that to a decent clipboard utility and life becomes so much easier.

As you say, amazing that Windows Explorer lacks this. But how many improvements have we seen there over the years? Maybe I missed them but Windows Explorer does much the same thing as we were used to in Vista and before.

hamradio:
For years I have been accustomed to what (for me) seems to be an ergonomic no-brainer - being able to paste from the Clipboard directly into a folder, and a file is automatically created to hold the contents, either as a .txt (text) file and extension or as a .png (image) file and extension - depending on the contents of the Clipboard being pasted at the time.
I only very occasionally have need to use this functionality.
-IainB (September 30, 2016, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same with XYplorer for me. As shown below from the toolbar button for it in the right click menu.

Maybe some ideas in that screenshot for your program as well.

[free] Paste As File giveaway

Note: Only a paid licensed user of XYplorer and no other affiliation.

Curt:
A couple of times I have purchased a key for Paste As File. So obviouslly I think it's good. Some guy named jmjsquared thinks the same:

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:11 am

I’ve been a constant user of PasteAsFIle since 2012 (when it still was freeware) and ALWAYS make it one of the first applications I install on my Windows machines. When I truly understood what it is and, correspondingly, what it is not, I found it to be a really convenient, almost indispensable addition to Windows Explorer. So did Martin Brinkman: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/08/29/pasteasfile-save-windows-clipboard-entries-to-files-in-windows-explorer/

For me, the single most useful feature is PAF’s ability to “accurately” reproduce most HTML pages. For example, I want to preserve two reviews preceding my own and put them in the same folder in which today’s freebie’s installer is saved. With PAF, I can simply highlight/select the desired text and images (in this case, Dennis Nelson’s and Melvin Sync’s avatars) and copy same to my clipboard. The result can then be pasted in any folder in a host of formats, including HTML — with all text, images, hyper-links and formatting preserved, usually extremely accurately if not perfectly.

I find PAF indispensable for “clipping” articles from the dozens of online magazines, blogs, newspapers, etc., that I read daily. If you follow the recommendation of the publisher and also choose to install Nirsofer’s >NirCMD<, you make this process even easier.

I find the documentation and help resources are more than adequate in getting the most from this really cool application.

My only complaint is that (perhaps since I also have another clipboard utility, Ditto, running in the background) PasteAsFile will sometimes paste HTML as coded text, rather than the web-display I intended. However, simply re-pasting the contents of the clipboard usually clears the glitch.

I highly recommend giving this neat, little application a thorough workout.-jmjsquared
--- End quote ---

The homepage:
http://vdsfreak.com/post/90261660490/paf

MilesAhead:
A couple of times I have purchased a key for Paste As File. So obviouslly I think it's good. Some guy named jmjsquared thinks the same:
-Curt (October 01, 2016, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I saw a post from c.gingerich a year old or so referencing it.  When he replied to this thread I did not realize the program was one of his.  Duh!  I thought the program name was familiar!  There are a lot of distractions in Miami and I often miss the obvious.  :) 

rjbull:
Of related interest for plain text operations, a freeware by Horst Schaeffer:

ClipTX 0.10 - Clipboard to file
-------------------------------

ClipTX appends (plain) text from the clipboard to one of several predefined target files. ClipTX only acts on hotkey or mouse click (no automatic collection). The "Quick save" function (hotkey or click on system tray icon) saves the clipboard text to the default target file.
--- End quote ---

I used to make current awareness bulletins, partly by clipping press releases etc. from the web into HippoEDIT (HE).  I defined a tool inside HE that would save the file temporarily: run a batch file that ran an AWK scrip to pick out the first non-null line of the file: convert any characters that were illegal as file names to legal ones (e.g. colon to semi-colon): write that to a new temporary file: then use Horst's command-line program ClipText to send the title to the clipboard (ClipText is bi-directional, clipboard to file and file to clipboard, unlike the built-in Windows tool).  That way, when I went to save the file in HE and it presented the standard Windows Open/Save dialog, I could paste in the meaningful title.  As a bonus, if the clip turned out to be unicode and I tried to save it as .TXT, HE would ask if I wanted it saved a unicode or text, and when the answer was text, convert the unicode on the fly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version