ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Random activity program for windows

<< < (3/4) > >>

skwire:
Please give this very early proof-of-concept a try:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/MooChoose.zip

Some notes:

* Right now, it's hardcoded to look in the "images" folder to determine the paths it can take.  Future revs will allow you to choose which folder it starts from.  This way, you could easily make many different "flow paths" to choose from.  For instance, you could make one that suits a particular set of flow paths related to a game or whatever.
* The current hardcoded path notwithstanding, the application is designed to work off an open-ended folder structure with open-ended image filenames.  You can name your folders and filenames whatever you'd like.  However, for each "choice" folder, the application will only display the first image file it finds.  It should support the following formats: jpg/jpeg, bmp, png, gif, & tiff.  Double-clicking an image brings you into that choice folder and displays the first image in any subfolders it finds.
* If there are no subfolders, it assumes that this is the final folder and displays all images found in it.
* I know this sounds confusing but please study the included folder structure and I think it'll become clear.  I based it off of your example so that should help.
Please let me know what you think.

stonedofmoo:
Hi there

Yep I see how it works. Helped me to change some of the image files to I can follow the path
For example once choosing him or her, the first choice for us would be indoor or outdoor activity so I named the image pics to include that.

As a rough draft it's a great start, just don't forget I'll need to be able to type in text as well as have a picture(s) to support the text.

Best regards
Chris

skwire:
Please redownload:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/MooChoose.zip

With this version, you can create a text file (.txt) in the same folder as a given image and it will display up to four lines of text.  Due to limitation of the listview, please try to keep the lines short-ish.  Just play with it and you'll see what I mean.

Is this what you had in mind?

stonedofmoo:
Thanks, OK so looking at it yes and no. Being able to enter text for each choice is what I need certainly, but also the screens themselves would ideally be dressed up and have a heading, maybe background pics etc as it's as much about it being a visual thing to get excited about as it is the random nature of the choices.

For example, after choosing who is picking the activity on screen one, I'd imagine the first choice would be will the activity be indoors or outdoors leading to those particular tree's of activity on my flow chart. It would be great if the screen could have some nice graphics, coloured backgrounds that kind of thing so it looked something like this attached.

Regards
Chris

skwire:
Somebody else might have to take a crack at this because your vision is probably best done in something like a web browser which, unfortunately, is not my strong suit. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version