ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (47/51) > >>

tomos:
Surprised: I'm just after getting Android 9 update on my Moto G6
Haven't had time to mess around with it yet, but seems to have updated okay

4wd:
New phone after 2.5 years: Oppo A52, probably one of the best bang-for-buck phones currently available.

SnapDragon 665
Adreno 610
4GB/64GB
Android 10
1080x2400 LTPS IPS display
NFC
Dual 4G SIM + uSD (not hybrid tray)
Quad camera
802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
BT5.0
5000mAh battery with QC3.0
Fingerprint reader on the power button
etc

Included a pair of Oppo ENCO Free earphones free.

MilesAhead:
New phone after 2.5 years: Oppo A52, probably one of the best bang-for-buck phones currently available.
-4wd (July 01, 2020, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

My Moto e5 plus is 1.5 years old.  3 GB ram, 32 GB storage, 5000 mah battery for about $150 from Metro by TMobile.  The main thing I find disappointing is that the new Moto phones do not seem to want to improve on 720P resolution.  Such a big heavy phone should have 1080P FHD.  Also I have short fingers so I have to work the touch screen using both hands.

Another less than stellar "feature" of my e5 is that any photos I take look like total crap.  Streaming video isn't too bad if the WiFi has good bandwidth, but anything less than 1080P is unacceptable these days.  My $100 W10 Laptop is 1920x1080 FHD for that matter.   8)

Edit:  I should also note the phone came with Android 8.0 Oreo with no upgrade path I know of.  Just the occasional security update that nags incessantly until you install it.

4wd:
The main thing I find disappointing is that the new Moto phones do not seem to want to improve on 720P resolution.  Such a big heavy phone should have 1080P FHD.

Another less than stellar "feature" of my e5 is that any photos I take look like total crap.  Streaming video isn't too bad if the WiFi has good bandwidth, but anything less than 1080P is unacceptable these days.-MilesAhead (July 01, 2020, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it is their budget phone series, most manufacturers have a line that is 720p, ordinary camera, 2-3GB RAM, 16-32GB eMMC Flash, MTK or SD4xx SoC, etc, (eg. Samsung Galaxy A01) ... you'd need to move to their G series for better specs ... which is what they hope you do.

tomos:
The main thing I find disappointing is that the new Moto phones do not seem to want to improve on 720P resolution.  Such a big heavy phone should have 1080P FHD.

Another less than stellar "feature" of my e5 is that any photos I take look like total crap.  Streaming video isn't too bad if the WiFi has good bandwidth, but anything less than 1080P is unacceptable these days.-MilesAhead (July 01, 2020, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it is their budget phone series, most manufacturers have a line that is 720p, ordinary camera, 2-3GB RAM, 16-32GB eMMC Flash, MTK or SD4xx SoC, etc, (eg. Samsung Galaxy A01) ... you'd need to move to their G series for better specs ... which is what they hope you do.
-4wd (July 01, 2020, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I paid 240€ or so two years ago for a Moto G6.
Beyond 3GB RAM and 32GB, I dont know the specifications -- it does what I want and need (I dont play games so no idea how good there), and battery lasts over a day. I should have gotten 64GB, but do have a 128GB SD card for images etc.. But the screen is nice (could be brighter in day/sunlight), and is 1080 x 2XXX. Camera is quite good for stills (and at the time for its price bracket), no idea about video beyond there being no stabilisation.
I will never buy another phone with a glass back -- was cracked within a month.

But yeah, if you want a half-decent camera and display, you will have to move up in price. I see the one 4wd got is available here (.de) for under 200€ but couldnt find it on uk amazon...
@4wd, maybe you could let us know how the screen and camera/s fare (just generally -- I'll have a look at an in depth review at some stage). I presume you'll be ripping out the OS, or have you done it already? :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version