ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (45/51) > >>

4wd:
What are the top 3-5 cheapest mobiles with NFC and >5000mah?
Any idea?
-kalos (August 22, 2018, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Any suggestion for the best phone with longest battery and NFC?
-kalos (September 14, 2018, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any updates on the above?
-kalos (February 26, 2019, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

There probably has been, tell us what you found.

Or to put it another way:

Looking for a phone with:

* NFC (objective)
* Cheap (subjective)
* Long battery life (subjective)
Search for phones that have a long battery life:

* eliminate those that don't have a minimum that you're happy with when subjected to your usage pattern,
* eliminate those that don't have NFC,
* eliminate those that exceed your price limit,
* take into account all the other factors of concern to yourself and deliberate on the remainder.

tomos:
@tomos: The MTK SoC would be enough to cross it off any list of phones I would be considering.

After having two phones with MTK SoC's both have major problems I'd never consider them again.
By contrast I have almost 10 year old Qualcomm based Huawei phones that still work fine.

Not saying it might not be a bad phone for someone else but it isn't one I would consider.
-4wd (February 26, 2019, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks  :up:

4wd:
@tomos: Something you might want to consider also is if he travels outside the EU, in this case a dual SIM phone comes in handy - you can keep your normal SIM in for receiving calls/SMS and pick up a cheap local SIM for data and/or calls.

My data SIM changes every month or so as cheap deals come up, (normal SIM provider isn't as good for data but they have the best national/roaming coverage).

Ath:
if he travels outside the EU, in this case a dual SIM phone comes in handy
-4wd (February 26, 2019, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's one of the features of the Nokia 6.1, and it has a Qualcomm (Snapdragon 630) soc ;)

Stoic Joker:
Granted I am not a heavy user by any stretch of the imagination, but I usually get 3-5 days out of a charge on the Pixel 3 I picked up back in December.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version