ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (44/51) > >>

tomos:
thanks rgdot, I also see amazon proper getting poor review from price-comparision sites.

I've been quite happy with the Nokia 6.1 (64 GB model) I bought last year. I searched on amazon.de and found the 32 GB model here that should fit the budget. I assume you can pick a different color for a similar price, if desired.
It has a decent processor and quit fair battery life (2+ days on light use), and all modern stuff like usb-c, 3.5mm audioplug, no notch and a (fast) fingerprint scanner on the back.
-Ath (February 26, 2019, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks Ath, I'll pass on the recommendation.
Candidates (with rough pricing) are:**

Nokia 6.1 - 200€
Samsung A6 - 200€
Huawei P smart - 150€
Samsung J5 - 130€
Xiaomi Redmi 6A - 100€ (other Xiaomi models I found are too big)

That'll give him a range of choices.

** he was looking for something:

* not too big
* a reasonable camera -- cant remember the name of the model he has now but it has the worst camera I've seen in years, so anything will be better :-)
* under 200€

4wd:
I would check the specs on the Redmi, there are very few Xiaomi phones designed for countries other than China or India.

The ones that say "Global" usually just means they have English set as the default language and the Play Store available, no changes for the underlying hardware.

There's also the Moto G5S Plus if you don't mind the previous model and a reasonably vanilla Android:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_13?k=moto+g5s+plus&sprefix=moto+g5s+plus

kalos:
What are the top 3-5 cheapest mobiles with NFC and >5000mah?
Any idea?
-kalos (August 22, 2018, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Any suggestion for the best phone with longest battery and NFC?
-kalos (September 14, 2018, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any updates on the above?

tomos:
I would check the specs on the Redmi, there are very few Xiaomi phones designed for countries other than China or India.

The ones that say "Global" usually just means they have English set as the default language and the Play Store available, no changes for the underlying hardware.
-4wd (February 26, 2019, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
some are labeled as 'global' some as 'EU' -- it's not clear what if any difference. Most places dont give as much info as they could (some making no mention of warranty, although just found one reputable with two years warranty.)
It's for sale in at least one larger bricks and mortar shop here now. And many reputable online merchants. Only a few amazon reviews but they seem genuine and very positive...

specs from geizahlshttps://geizhals.at/xiaomi-redmi-6a-32gb-2gb-blau-a1846828.html
OS    Android 8.1
Display    5.45", 1440x720 Pixel, 16 Mio. Farben, IPS, kapazitiver Touchscreen
Kamera hinten    13.0MP, f/​2.2, Phasenvergleich-AF, LED-Blitz, Videos @1080p/​30fps
Kamera vorne    5.0MP
Schnittstellen    Micro-USB-B 2.0, 3.5mm-Klinke, WLAN 802.11b/​g/​n, Bluetooth 4.2
Sensoren    Beschleunigungssensor, Annäherungssensor, Lichtsensor, Kompass
SoC    Mediatek Helio A22, 64bit
CPU    4x 2.00GHz Cortex-A53
GPU    PowerVR GE8300
RAM    2GB
Speicher    32GB, microSD-Slot (shared, bis 256GB)
Navigation    A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
Modem    GSM (0.2Mbps/​0.1Mbps), UMTS, LTE
Frequenzbänder    2G (850/​900/​1800/​1900), 3G (B1/​B2/​B5/​B8), 4G (B1/​B2/​B3/​B4/​B5/​B7/​B8/​B20/​B38/​B40)
Netzstandards    GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE-A
Akku    3000mAh, fest verbaut
SAR-Wert    0.656W/​kg (Kopf), 1.523W/​kg (Körper)
Gehäuseform    Barren
Gehäusematerial    Kunststoff (Rückseite)
Abmessungen    147.5x71.5x8.3mm
Gewicht    145g
SIM-Formfaktor    Nano-SIM (1x shared)
Besonderheiten    Dual-SIM, Benachrichtigungs-LED (einfarbig)
Gelistet seit    09.07.2018, 13:28
specs from Notebooksbilliger 'EU' versionhttps://www.notebooksbilliger.de/xiaomi+redmi+6a+32gb+dual+sim+blau+eu?nbbRef=forcew2evf6
Herstellernummer: MZB6347EU
EAN-Nummer:    6941059608509
Handy-Hardware
interner Speicher    32 GB
SD-Kartenformat    microSD
Arbeitsspeicher    2.000 MB
Handy-Display
Displaygröße    13,84 cm (5,45")
Displayauflösung    HD+ (1440x720 Pixel)
Besonderheiten    18:9 Format
Handy-Kamera
Hauptkamera    13 Megapixel , f/2.2
Handy-Frontkamera
Frontkamera    5 Megapixel
Handy-SIM
     Dual-SIM , Nano + Nano
Sim-Lock    nein
Betriebssystem und Merkmale
     Blau
Betriebssystem    Android 8.0 Oreo
Mobilfunknetze und Frequenzen
4G/LTE-Advanced    [ticked] (?)
3G Frequenzen    850, 900, 1.900, 2.100 MHz
2G Frequenzen (GSM)    900, 1.800, 1.900 MHz
Konnektivität und Sensoren
Ladeanschluss    Micro-B USB 2.0
Kopfhöreranschluss    3,5mm Klinkenanschluss
Bluetooth    4.2
WLAN    [ticked]
Fingerprint-Sensor    [ticked]
Gesichtserkennung    [ticked]
GPS Standortbestimmung    [ticked]
Handy-Akku
Akku-Kapazität    3.000 mAh
Handy-Lieferumfang
Lade- und Datenkabel    
Garantie
Garantie    2 Jahre Gewährleistung

4wd:
@tomos: The MTK SoC would be enough to cross it off any list of phones I would be considering.

After having two phones with MTK SoC's both have major problems, (one of them a Xiaomi), I'd never consider them again.
By contrast I have almost 10 year old Qualcomm based Huawei phones that still work fine.

Not saying it might not be a bad phone for someone else but it isn't one I would consider.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version