ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (33/51) > >>

tomos:
As for its screen, sound quality, signal, robustness? I think that would matter most for me.
-kalos (March 28, 2018, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

it's easy enough to find reviews of almost any phone on youtube or wherever

kalos:
As for its screen, sound quality, signal, robustness? I think that would matter most for me.
-kalos (March 28, 2018, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

it's easy enough to find reviews of almost any phone on youtube or wherever
-tomos (March 28, 2018, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know, but it may be hard to distinguish the trusted ones from ads. But I will have a good read.   ;D

UPDATE: I found Umidigi S2 PRO, would you invest in it?  :-*

tomos:
I found Umidigi S2 PRO, would you invest in it?
-kalos (March 28, 2018, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
would you recommend it? what caught your eye?
Btw, what's the difference between the Pro & Lite versions?
(I'm not a fan of the bigger phones myself, but do need to replace my phone - I broke the screen...)

kalos:
I found Umidigi S2 PRO, would you invest in it?
-kalos (March 28, 2018, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
would you recommend it? what caught your eye?
Btw, what's the difference between the Pro & Lite versions?
(I'm not a fan of the bigger phones myself, but do need to replace my phone - I broke the screen...)

-tomos (March 28, 2018, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's the best current phone at very competitive price.

It's similar to 5.5" in dimensions.

Pro has more memory and newer Android. I think it's the best choice.

4wd:
I think it's the best choice.-kalos (March 28, 2018, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Two things:
1. Google is locking down its apps to certified devices, see here.  Make sure whatever you buy is certified by Google otherwise you won't be able to sign into your Google account and thus lose any functionality that depends on it, eg. Calendar, Gmail, etc.  This is especially relevant for phones whose main market is China, (excluding brands like Huawei, Xiaomi, etc who have a significant global presence).
2. I have phones that are years old, Huawei, Samsung, Nokia, Xiaomi, and now Motorola (Lenovo).  They all still work.
I bought a Homtom HT16, (made by the reasonably well known Doogee), it was cheap, it had good specs for the price, and it worked for what I wanted to do.  It has stopped working after 14 months, no longer turns on, no longer charges ... effectively dead.
This is OK because I don't live on my phone, I don't care if people can't contact me on it, they can still send an email or ring my landline.

You use your phone for business so you should be looking at reliability above all else.

The Umidigi S2 Pro apparently only has four 4G bands, (FDD-LTE: 800/1800/2100/2600MHz ... no TDD-LTE) ... this was the first thing you checked, what bands and topology your provider uses, right?

Just as an aside, don't expect any upgrades to the next Android version on an MTK based phone ... be surprised and happy if you do get one but never expect it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version