ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (24/51) > >>

Contro:
Hello!

I need a new smartphone with:
1) 3GB at least RAM as my 2GB Note2 struggles
2) good screen view under sunlight
3) good removable battery life

Can you suggest me any?
Is any of these any good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_sop=15&_nkw=mobile+phone+3gb+32gb&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
Are Lenovo good? Any specific?

Btw, they must be good quality, not falling apart, bad voice quality, etc.

thanks!
-kalos (September 22, 2016, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Features 2) and 3) are the most difficult ones.

In my ebook reader I see all under the sun. In mobiles is an pending matter....
But last models have an option to see in black and white that improve the thing. And the nits have improved too from my old Samsung S4
I think is one of the most important features that makers don't publicity too much because the technology have not solved well the feature until this moment....

The feature 3 is relative too. Now all the superior class of mobiles have the battery sealed . And are removable but under certain conditions. Ordinarily is necessary use the technical assistant because the need to open the device for changing the battery. It's a sort of termal seal to protect the device against water and dust. But sure limits your possibility to change easily the battery or have another battery as I use with the samsung S4.

:-\

Note : one of the features I will care in my next device is the camera.

The camera with two lenses are my prefered. More stability and possibility to obtain better images.

Contro:
Only buy a phone with the Android-based MIUI OS, (eg. XIAOMI), if you're willing to install another firmware, perform extensive setting modification, or willing to put up with chronic privacy invasion - FWIW, I have a XIAOMI Redmi Note 2 running non-standard firmware.

I recommend you get a phone with a Qualcomm processor, (ie. SnapDragon SoC), not MTK, as it is better supported by third party firmware, eg. CyanogenMod, and you'll get Android version updates a lot faster.

Besides that, you haven't said anything about your other needs, ie. Dual (4G) SIM, microSD, HD/FHD, battery life, network coverage, etc, etc.

XIAOMI just released the Redmi Note 3 Special Edition which has world-wide 4G band coverage, (and there's a CyanogenMod version available to install with a little fiddling).

Since you're in the UK: WileyFox
-4wd (September 22, 2016, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am about to buy Xiaomi RedMi Note 3, but it doesn't have removable battery! that is a major con because after few months/years the battery loses its performance and needs replacement!
-kalos (September 25, 2016, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not necessarily. I have friends with the sealed battery with no problems for years.
Only if you need more energy have an external one or a supplementary battery to feed the internal one.

Nowadays if you want a good device you have to submit to the sealed battery technology. It's an imposition of highest quality devices......

And of course that seal is not a warrant of impermeability or going with the mobile under the water....

:-[

Contro:
I don't trust alibaba to buy from there, I used in the past a similar chinese bullsht called ioffer or something and I lost my money! absolutely no protection or customer support!

-kalos (September 27, 2016, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't had any problems.  Did you look at the seller reviews?  And you can initiate a dispute- they have a process.  And I used it in one case, and it worked.
-wraith808 (September 27, 2016, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

it's too risky
the item is in turkey, they have no idea if it works in uk
-kalos (September 27, 2016, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Here in Canary Island we have a tax : IGIC
And is an importation from the exterior.
Ordinarily the waste of the Adoune is surprising high .
Only if I can make the dispatch may be rentable.
On the other hand if I buy local probably the price is better and I have the support and advice from the local dealer.

The only advantage here to buy on internet is that you can select exactly the model you want, but in my case I will have to wait weeks or pay the urgency and more high price.

And if the package is lost, or delayed, or arrive broken I will have several months without the device....

Only in very cheap products I can afford this.
 :-\

Contro:
thanks but I don't want to root my phone

if I root it, all my banking apps do not work, but MobileIron doesn't work so I cannot have access to my work emails!
-kalos (January 16, 2017, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
I root my samsung S4 device and have to come back again.
I don't like root anymore.
root for what ? To change the MAC ? To make special security image copies ? . Probably this is not necessary with cloud services and ordinary backups....

Contro:
I think I said already that my model is Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3 International Version.
I flashed to MIUI 8.1 but still very buggy, apps make it crash and when in silent mode apps are not heard, while switching back to normal mode apps are still not heard.

I had all the good intent, but how can they ship something in such a buggy state?

OK, then if hardware is fine, will these EU roms be the solution?
-kalos (February 11, 2017, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have friend buy very cheap from China, but then they can't call anyone for a different system or come interface in chinese.

Redmi and Xiaomi have very good local support here and perhaps the times when I compare the samsung S4 with the chinese options have change a lot.

I don't doubt you can change everything waiting, but meanwhile you have put the money in advance.

:tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version