ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (18/51) > >>

4wd:
How can I transfer my data from my current Samsung Note 3?-kalos (January 10, 2017, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Phone to PC and then from PC to Phone
* Google Drive
* Flash drive via OTG
* AirDroid
* FTP server
* Unplug uSD from old phone, plug into new phone
* Turn on Backup data and Automatic Restore

* Root phone, back up apps with Titanium Backup ★ root, restore on (rooted) new phone
Be more specific: What "data" ?

xtabber:
For call logs, I recommend SMS Backup & Restore (free).

For everything else, I use X-plore File Manager, which is free but you need to make a donation to unlock the ability to work across a network.  If you use more than one Android device, X-plore's WiFi-share server is particularly useful and also lets you manage files on your Android devices from a PC web browser.

kalos:
How can I transfer my data from my current Samsung Note 3?-kalos (January 10, 2017, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Phone to PC and then from PC to Phone
* Google Drive
* Flash drive via OTG
* AirDroid
* FTP server
* Unplug uSD from old phone, plug into new phone

* Root phone, back up apps with Titanium Backup ★ root, restore on (rooted) new phone
Be more specific: What "data" ?
-4wd (January 10, 2017, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

By data, I mean not really files like photos and videos that I can just copy to the new phone.

I mean for example my YMail app that has been set up with my accounts, my settings etc. My Tasker app, that has scripts and settings. My Sleipnir browser that has bookmarks and opened tabs that it remembers.

Is there a way to transfer these or I have to manually install them and set them up from the begining?

Also, I don't quite understand the list you said, are these steps of the procedure? Will that procedure do what I need?
thanks!

4wd:
Also, I don't quite understand the list you said, are these steps of the procedure? Will that procedure do what I need?-kalos (January 15, 2017, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a list of possibilities because you failed to clarify exactly what you were talking about.

I mean for example my YMail app that has been set up with my accounts, my settings etc. My Tasker app, that has scripts and settings. My Sleipnir browser that has bookmarks and opened tabs that it remembers.

Is there a way to transfer these or I have to manually install them and set them up from the begining?
--- End quote ---

Either of these two:

Turn on Back up my data and Automatic restore in Settings->Backup & reset
Looking for smartphone

Once you install the app from the Play store on your new phone, all its settings should be restored from your Google account (in theory).
Don't forget to turn on syncing to the account under Settings->Accounts->Google->account and initiate a synchronisation.

You'll probably need to copy the Tasker scripts across.

Otherwise, you can root your phones and use Titanium Backup ★ root (what I always use).

kalos:
thanks but I don't want to root my phone

if I root it, all my banking apps do not work, but MobileIron doesn't work so I cannot have access to my work emails!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version