ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (15/51) > >>

kalos:
http://www.banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-5_0-inch-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1064299.html

The World has moved on since you started your quest, a dollar less than your first link gets you 1GB more RAM and the Snapdragon 820.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/280965 - US$20 off coupon
-4wd (December 09, 2016, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
-kalos (December 11, 2016, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks but smaller battery
--- End quote ---

Much more efficient and powerful CPU, by benchmarks, battery life is equivalent to a phone with the Snapdragon 650 even if the 820 is using a 1000mAh less capacity battery.

and smaller screen 5" !
--- End quote ---

Less efficient eyesight, get glasses.
-4wd (December 11, 2016, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

oh ok but is the screen any good?
and how about SAR?

Redmi Pro 3, ticks all the boxes!

tomos:
Me, I'm still humming and hawing...

For the record & in case anyone else is looking for similar:
best camera in a smartphone under 250€ / 300$US appears to be the Lenovo Moto G4 Plus.
Many of this model seem to overheat, and it's above my planned budget, but still considering it.

Here a link in German (w. easy to follow ranking), but I've heard/read many recommendations of the camera
https://curved.de/toplist/beste-kamera-smartphones/full

rjbull:
best camera in a smartphone under 250€ / 300$US appears to be the Lenovo Moto G4 Plus.
-tomos (December 18, 2016, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
The opinion of UK reviewers seems to be that the Moto G4 is not only the best budget smartphone (for a given value of "budget") but better than most mid-range phones.  If you want something a bit cheaper, and physically smaller, check out its small brother, the Moto E.  See e.g. this Expert Reviews roundup: Here are the best budget smartphones in 2016.

I don't know the basis of Expert Reviews, but they seem to have all the reviews that are published in the UK's Computer Shopper magazine.

kalos:
Best under $200?

tomos:
-tomos (December 18, 2016, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
The opinion of UK reviewers seems to be that the Moto G4 is not only the best budget smartphone (for a given value of "budget") but better than most mid-range phones.  If you want something a bit cheaper, and physically smaller, check out its small brother, the Moto E.  See e.g. this Expert Reviews roundup: Here are the best budget smartphones in 2016.
-rjbull (December 19, 2016, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks rj,
that prompted me to check out prices on amazon.de, and read some reviews there --
surprised to read that none of the three Moto G4 variants have regular compass capability, which means most navigation apps will not work. Seems really odd, but I read it on reviews for the regular G4, the Plus, and the Play models :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version