ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for smartphone

<< < (40/51) > >>

rgdot:
Moto G series are not known for good cameras. Where did you read that the G series are good camera? Would be very cool if G6 has changed that but I have owned a few (G5 and older) and camera is probably the biggest weakness, if anything.

tomos:
Moto G series are not known for good cameras. Where did you read that the G series are good camera? Would be very cool if G6 has changed that but I have owned a few (G5 and older) and camera is probably the biggest weakness, if anything.
-rgdot (June 24, 2018, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

dont know anything about the series, but the G6 camera seems to get good reviews,
e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6pQdbQ80Y
I actually based my decision on a German language review:
https://www.tariftip.de/handytests/22822/Motorola-Moto-G6-im-Test.html

One has to remember that 'good' here will always be relative i.e. good for the price...

4wd:
... I have owned a few (G5 and older) and camera is probably the biggest weakness, if anything.-rgdot (June 24, 2018, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are mods, (Chromatix), you can apply to the G5+ to improve the camera, it uses the same hardware as the S7 but the Motorola software applies aggressive sharpening, the mod tones that down a bit.

They require an unlocked bootloader (and root access would make things easier) though.  NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will factory reset the phone.

You can also sideload a build of the Google Camera that uses HDR+ for which you need to enable Camera2 API, (a change in build.prop).

See here for more info.

4wd:
Also camera not quickly accessible, something I really should have considered in advance.-tomos (June 24, 2018, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

A double twist of the wrist opens the camera app, even if the phone is locked, very quick, the app is running by the time I hold it up for a photo.
If it doesn't, open the Moto app, goto Moto Actions and enable Twist for Quick Capture.

Doing it while the camera is running will also swap between the front/rear camera.

You can also enable Double karate chop for torch if you want.

There's a few other things in there that are useful as well as the settings for Moto Display.

If the Moto app isn't installed it's available from the Play Store.

rgdot:
Of course price is number 1 reason I have owned Motorala, especially since I am not a heavy cell user at all, so yes I agree with the 'relative' statement.
Among the issues that I have had with G series is the G3's front facing camera stopped one day, the phone wasn't dropped and there were no system or app updates either. It just stopped as if the phone doesn't have a front camera, no apps that use the camera even showed the option to switch to front camera. Resets, cache and data emptying etc all had no effect, remember googling it and other had experienced it too. I guess it was a hardware issue somehow, pretty bizarre as far as these things go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version