ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Office or Vista: Pick one in 2007

<< < (2/2)

Wordzilla:
I can be more productive with Office 2007, so I'll buy that. But I'll wait until I upgrade to my next computer to get Vista. XP is so well-tweaked and documented that it's quite stable for me.
-zridling (July 12, 2006, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using Office 2007 for quite some time, I think we can be much more productive with Office 2007 than with any other office productivity suite out there. It's a great innovation rather than just an expansion pack for Office 2003. Microsoft might be too big, but not stagnant.

Now I cannot get back to my old Office 2003 - it's definitely too dumb when you have 2007 at hand.

Perry Mowbray:
I do a bit of development in Office (which is why it got my vote), but it's an arm twist...

Carol Haynes:
Interesing set up MS updates this morning - included a set of updates for Office XP and 2003 so that they can interact with OpenXML (Office 2007) formats.

I have installed them but can't see how they work in Office XP (there still doesn't seem to be the option to save in OenXML format) maybe they just allow importing of OpenXML format ???

f0dder:
If you twisted my arm, I'd upgrade Office - at least I'd only suffer the extra bloat when writing letters, not when doing everything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version