ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Office or Vista: Pick one in 2007

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
Interested in what DC members have to say here. Jason Bean at b5 Media's The Unauthorized Microsoft Weblog is running an interesting poll between Office and Vista next year.

app103:
If you twisted my arm and made me pick one, I would have to go with upgrading my OS over upgrading Office, that would get very little use.

But if I have it my way, I won't be putting Vista on a PC I own till MS twists my arm in about 5-6 years.

Hopefully by then there will be a real Windows alternative, because for me Linux is NOT an option...I'd sooner go back to Win98SE.

Carol Haynes:
I think I will probably stick with Windows/Office XP until the next versions emerge. Can't really see any benefit for me in either upgrade.

DanD:
The upgrade I would like to have is from this PC to one of those new-fangled dual core Intel Macs with multi-OS boot and virtualization software. :)

Dan

zridling:
I can be more productive with Office 2007, so I'll buy that. But I'll wait until I upgrade to my next computer to get Vista. XP is so well-tweaked and documented that it's quite stable for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version