ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

software to build ebook by importing PDF files and creating table of contents

(1/2) > >>

HankFriedman:
I have a lot of articles that I've written that I want to assemble into one or more ebooks.

I can easily format each as a PDF file, but I don't know what software to use to merge them all, in the correct order, and at the same time create a table of contents that updates every time I add a new file.

Can anyone help me?

mouser:
I don't know an answer, but i think dc member ewemoa has looked into such tools.  maybe he can post his discoveries..

Ath:
Calibre ?

HankFriedman:
I looked into Calibre and it doesn't really have that capability

xtabber:
I have a lot of articles that I've written that I want to assemble into one or more ebooks.

I can easily format each as a PDF file, but I don't know what software to use to merge them all, in the correct order, and at the same time create a table of contents that updates every time I add a new file.

Can anyone help me?
-HankFriedman (September 19, 2016, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Take a look at PDF EX-Change Pro. It's extremely powerful, although its user interface is not always intuitive. Many features are hard to find and the documentation dense and not that easy to navigate.

PDF EXchange Editor provides an option to automatically create a top level bookmark pointing to each new document inserted into an existing document, as well as a bookmark editor and macro facility that should be enough to do what you want. The Pro version costs nearly twice as much, but adds tools that would allow you to more fully automate the process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version