ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Super-sized Newsletter for Sep 18, 2016 - Codename: Catching Up with Cody

<< < (3/4) > >>

techidave:
out of idle curiosity Mouser, how long did it take to compile this newsletter?

dave

mouser:
It takes about 5 months to make a newsletter.

That's 4 months and 29 days of waking up and telling myself today will be the day I do it, and then one day of actually doing it.

The bulk of the work is in opening up every new thread since the last newsletter (which amounts to maybe 80 a month) and making a quick decision about whether it belongs in the newsletter.  So the longer I go between them the more daunting the task.  I've written some scripts to show me the new threads since the last newsletter, but it's still mostly a manual task of cutting and pasting links into the newsletter section where I think it belongs.  And then there is just a lot of little small tasks I need to do to send it to new members and to the mailing lists, update blog, forum settings, etc.

It's not actually a *lot* of work, but it is a bit tiring.

techidave:
my hat's off to you Mouser for doing the newsletter.  I figured it would take longer than 1 day to make it happen.

is the newsletter actually needed?  I mean is it something people have requested?

just wondering.

dave

anandcoral:
is the newsletter actually needed?  I mean is it something people have requested?

just wondering.
-techidave (November 02, 2016, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. Maybe not for some but yes for me and some.
It is the newsletter which gives me scope to get all the goodies of DC in one place and scope to not check DC everyday lest I miss some gold here  :)

Case in point https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shelve/. I needed something like this for all the urls I have accumulated and was going to develop similar app for NANY 2017, no need now.

Thanks all to Mouser :Thmbsup:, we are always the beneficiary.

Regards,

Anand

wraith808:
my hat's off to you Mouser for doing the newsletter.  I figured it would take longer than 1 day to make it happen.

just wondering.

dave

-techidave (November 02, 2016, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

The traffic to DC (especially on those threads that have been up to the newsletter ignored) increases quite a bit from what I understand- it gives a concise accounting of what has gone on with the website, and gives less frequent visitors impetus to visit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version