ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Super-sized Newsletter for Sep 18, 2016 - Codename: Catching Up with Cody

<< < (2/4) > >>

oblivion:
Yes it's fun to see a burst of activity on the forum whenever a newsletter comes out  :Thmbsup:
-mouser (September 19, 2016, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is there an emoticon for a guilty look? Ah. Possibly this.
Is anyone finding that the newsletter is being marked as spam by your email provider?

--- End quote ---
Not here either: neither gmail nor fastmail.

Particularly good newsletter, I should say. Thanks! :)

peglegpete:
Is anyone finding that the newsletter is being marked as spam by your email provider?
-mouser (September 19, 2016, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't marked as spam for me. I'm using Gmail.
-Deozaan (September 19, 2016, 10:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

My copy was marked as spam in GMail.  I only found it while checking the spam folder a few days ago, a month after the date sent out.  FWIW, DC is sent to an old Yahoo email address which I have set up to forward automatically to my newer GMail address.  Maybe this is why my experience is different from Deozaan's.  I had been gradually updating subscriptions to the old Yahoo address across to the new address, somehow I must have overlooked DC in this regard.  Anyway, I will fix this forthwith.

Curt:
After 9½ YEARS, peglegpete finally decided to make himself known to the forum:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-peglegpete (October 29, 2016, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Belated, but not late, or is it late, but not belated? Hm...:
Welcome to the forum, peglegpete! 

------------
modified:
WHY on earth does it say "invalid attachment"? I don't know what could be wrong.

peglegpete:
After 9½ YEARS, peglegpete finally decided to make himself known to the forum:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-peglegpete (October 29, 2016, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Belated, but not late, or is it late, but not belated? Hm...:
Welcome to the forum, peglegpete! 

-Curt (October 29, 2016, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure that I made a few posts at the time I joined, maybe got lost.  But I admit that it has been a long time between drinks  ;D

Deozaan:
modified:
WHY on earth does it say "invalid attachment"? I don't know what could be wrong.
-Curt (October 29, 2016, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because the forum can now have attachments from quoted posts and you are trying to display your attachment in a quote, so it is looking in peglegpete's post for an attachment. Just move your image outside of the quote and it will work. :Thmbsup:

EDIT: The really interesting thing is that peglegpete's quote of your quote of peglegpete's post has the attachment working properly.  :huh: :tellme: :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version