ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Synchronize 2 usb disk

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I have been using DSynchronize from here:
http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/

It is portable.  I have stayed with v. 2.31.9 as newer versions have changed the settings format and added features not applicable to my needs.  The latest version may in fact be better but it ain't broke so...

By default it should be set to one way synch from source to destination overwriting destination if source is newer.  If the USB is large you may need a larger scale program.  Or it could be that my Laptop has only 4 GB ram.  But when syncing the last time a drive with 77 GB it seemed to crash after successful completion of the sync.  Perhaps the new versions have fixed this bug.  But it only happened once so it may have been a fluke.

Very simple interface.  Click a folder for source and destination.  In your case it would be the root folders of the USB drives. 

4wd:
There's always Robocopy: How to use robocopy in Windows for backup and sync like rsync in Linux

MilesAhead:
There's always Robocopy: How to use robocopy in Windows for backup and sync like rsync in Linux
-4wd (September 18, 2016, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Also there is RichCopy

It is MS employee written software and I do not think it is developed anymore.  But it is multi-threaded and copy has several conditions that may be invoked.  One being the source file is an update of the target.

I seldom use it.  But it can be handy for special situations.

Shades:
PathSync v0.35.
Very small (200KByte extracted, including 140KByte of source code), open source and portable sync software. For its size a very capable synchronizer. You need to indicate which drives/folders need to be synced, choose the direction of the sync and after that hit the 'Analyze' button so get a list of the differences and the action PathSync is about to execute. Click on the 'Synchronize' button to do the actual syncing (duh).

Optionally you can apply filters for files and/folders to be included/excluded and you can store these settings in a text-based configuration file for later use. You can make as many of these configuration files as you want. You can even configure a (portable) diff program to help you figure out which file does need to be synced or not, in case you have a doubt.

The speed with which it analyzes differences between folders is a very pleasant surprise. And it works on every version of the Windows operating system (including Windows 10).

limelect:
Thank you all.
tomos to clarify.
I have 2 GENERAL USB DISKS.
They hold general information.(NOT main disk).
The information was never put on both.
But since the information is SIMILAR i need to make them equal
so i will have exact duplicate of my information.(as if i saved information on both).

1. What i am concern is for files with HEBREW names.
2. Long file names (and directories).
3. Problems i could not expect.Since my information is critical.
4. This is why i am looking for a mature software,and not a beta ,beginner .....

P.S see my software which dose not do what i need but is the base
http://limelect.com/downloads/disk-directories-compare/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version