ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

calendar that is happy in Windows and on tablet

<< < (6/6)

dr_andus:
I've never understood why I seem unable to get into Workflowy despite several attempts.
-Dormouse (September 16, 2016, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Same here.
-wraith808 (September 16, 2016, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

WorkFlowy is kind of like a blank canvas, so you have to invent your own system, which can take time, as it's a trial and error process.

One thing that seems to cause difficulty to people is that there is no visual difference between an item, a category or a folder (as there is in Scrivener for instance, where you can turn a "document" into a "folder" and vice versa).

Everything is just a bullet point, and it's up to the user whether that becomes (and remains) a category, a folder, or just an item.

The user needs to mentally come up with a way of making a distinction between them, and then sometimes those roles need to shift and the system needs to be restructured periodically.

I personally love it, I couldn't live without WorkFlowy now. It's my external brain...

But there is also Dynalist, which is a WorkFlowy clone, but they added some bells and whistles and some more visual cues (such as folders) to address some of the aforementioned issues.

mouser:
I can't help with the original question, but here is a cat that is happy on windows and tablets:

tomos:
You may try ...
-MilaCh (December 22, 2017, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
hi MilaCh -- looks good, but:
best to state your affiliation with product/s, otherwise posts like yours usually get deleted as spam.

PS there is also an Announce your own product board on the forum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version