ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

calendar that is happy in Windows and on tablet

<< < (5/6) > >>

Dormouse:
I feel like I’ve spent much of my life looking for ways to keep synchronized calendars on my desktop computer and whatever portable device I was using
-xtabber (September 12, 2016, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very much ditto
I have emClient. Used it for a while for email, but stopped. Too much time spent in syncing and checking database after unexpected closures.

I remember using PocketInformant on my Windows Phone; can't remember whether I had it on a Palm.

I was had a quick revisit (& Pimlical) not so much for a Calendar (because I'm very happy with my current system) but for ToDos. I think I have tried nearly all the programs out there (and bought a fair few) without anything that really works for me overall.
I really like AbstractSpoon's ToDoList but the Android app isn't so functional and only syncs via Dropbox.
I use Google Keep a lot because it works well everywhere, and is very simple. But limited.
I'd prefer not to work through an app specific cloud (my one big dislike about Notezilla), and am happy to try to work within the limitations of Google Tasks/Calendar for mobile syncing (I think).

What I really want is:

* a simple, easy entry (task title only) hierarchical to do list
* With the capability of adding a range of other attributes (category, tag, dates, etc etc) if I want them. I find it very helpful to structure projects.
* With easy organisation and being able to see everything I want on screen.
* And syncing on to mobile platforms, preferably through Google.
I have an EssentialPIM licence and I'm trying that atm having done a quick review of the options. Looks as if it might work.
I've been here a lot of times before ...  :(

wraith808:
Have you tried Toodledo?

http://www.toodledo.com/

That's what I use with Pocket Informant to have my data available where ever I want it.  They concentrate on the basic service, and leave the rest to 3rd party apps, though they do have their own native app for iOS and Android.

dr_andus:
@Doormouse

There is Moo.do that now has some Google integration (haven't tried it, I'm happy using WorkFlowy with HandyFlowy on iOS).

Moo.do turns Gmail into a task management system | TechCrunch

Dormouse:
Thanks for the suggestions

Have you tried Toodledo?

That's what I use with Pocket Informant to have my data available where ever I want it.-wraith808 (September 16, 2016, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

My problem would be that it's a web app and my web is often absent.
OTOH I notice that it is on the Sync option list of EssentialPIM, so if I like that but dislike syncing tasks through Google, I could always do it through Toodledo.

Aha! Looks as if I had a Toodledo account in 2010, which finally expired through disuse in 2013; I'd had disuse reminders annually but finally decided that if I hadn't once used it in 3 years there was no point in renewing. Can't remember what I disliked; I assume it has moved on since then anyway. I'll have another look.
Had another look. Will probably do what I want but would be $15 or $30 a year. I'll see how EssentialPIM gets on working through Google.

@Doormouse

There is Moo.do that now has some Google integration (haven't tried it, I'm happy using WorkFlowy with HandyFlowy on iOS).
-dr_andus (September 16, 2016, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Moo.do seemed quite interesting until I noticed the price for Google sync  :o. But very much designed around email management and I don't need another email app. And it only has a Chrome app rather than a full Windows client.
I've never understood why I seem unable to get into Workflowy despite several attempts.

wraith808:
Thanks for the suggestions

Have you tried Toodledo?

That's what I use with Pocket Informant to have my data available where ever I want it.-wraith808 (September 16, 2016, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

My problem would be that it's a web app and my web is often absent.
OTOH I notice that it is on the Sync option list of EssentialPIM, so if I like that but dislike syncing tasks through Google, I could always do it through Toodledo.

-Dormouse (September 16, 2016, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't used it on the web in... forever.  So much so, that I didn't know about a lot that had been added.  I just used it to schedule my todos, and I put them in through PI.  It syncs everything, and I only ever see PI, offline, until it needs to sync.

I've never understood why I seem unable to get into Workflowy despite several attempts.
-Dormouse (September 16, 2016, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Same here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version