ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

save to text or print to file in chrome

<< < (3/3)

IainB:
I dunno. Presumably these files are on a server somewhere?
I would suggest you experiment with something like GetRight, which has a rather unique sort of download server browser component, where it can look into the server folders at the target server's ftp or http URL. If it can get access (it tries to get access using/making up relevant passwords), then you can browse the folders on the sever and pick and choose which files you want to download and flag them for download. GetRight will then download them individually or simultaneously in batches, in several streams at once, and can be set to provide a detailed download performance log - i.e., what was downloaded from where, and when, and how long the downloads took and how many tries/retries it had with each file, etc.. Once you figure out how to use it, it can be a real timesaver. It can also do bitorrent files, but I have never used it for that, so cannot comment on that aspect. Sucks files down like a vacuum cleaner.

That could provide you with some more control. Once you have the files locally you can maintain them in a library and play with the files to your heart's content, trying to find the best way(s) to access/read them for the next (analysis) phase. The GetRight logs can be really informative/handy too - e.g., to give you some idea if different servers' relative performance. It will also scan mirror sites, but that's probably not of much use to you as you may be using a corporate LAN or or Intranet.

There's  a standard GetRight and a newer Pro version, which latter also handles Uploads, I gather.

kilele:
This extension for Chrome may be of help. Archive Extractor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version