ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

No video after resuming from sleep - Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

<< < (6/7) > >>

4wd:
Maybe I'll give the Anniversary Update another go again, who knows, it might decide to work on my machine.

Re. the monitor, first thing I usually think of when anyone mentions a TV, monitor, computer, or such needs to "warm up" before it works properly is the electrolytic capacitors in the switchmode PSU, (or main board),  have started getting way out of spec due to age.

Can be replaced easily enough if you're competent with a soldering iron but there are some lethal voltages lurking in the PSU, especially the discharge from the main capacitor.

Salvaged plenty of things just by replacing the capacitors in the equipment, spending <$20 and an hour or so has always been preferable to spending a lot more to replace the equipment, eg. salvaging a discarded complete Dell XPS730 by replacing 5 capacitors on the motherboard  :D

mouser:
ive had dying monitors that had similar behavior.
eventually they stop working.

skwire:
Salvaged plenty of things just by replacing the capacitors in the equipment, spending <$20 and an hour or so has always been preferable to spending a lot more to replace the equipment-4wd (January 31, 2017, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

This.  I've done the same to many a monitor/TV/motherboard over the years.

rgdot:
Failing to come out of sleep has been happening to me, ever since anniversary too, may be even before anniversary actually. I blamed it on it being an Windows 7 era Vaio not officially Windows 10 supported. Have been doing same thing as no sleep, only shutdown or on.

Not to hijack, but if anybody reading this has any advice for my version would be appreciated.

No video after resuming from sleep - Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Deozaan:
Can be replaced easily enough if you're competent with a soldering iron but there are some lethal voltages lurking in the PSU, especially the discharge from the main capacitor.
-4wd (January 31, 2017, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm usually glad to take things apart and tinker with them. But I decided I'd better not ever mess inside of monitors when I learned about those lethal voltages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version