ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

No video after resuming from sleep - Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

<< < (5/7) > >>

Stoic Joker:
BTW, one thing I also noticed with the Anniversary Update, Windows Defender would no longer do scans in the background, ie. you couldn't close the window as it would say it would cancel the scan ... there's a backward step.
-4wd (October 06, 2016, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I ran into that the other day too ... Really quite annoying.

wraith808:
Mine won't update definitions anymore automatically.  I have to download it and install the definitions.  Definitely annoying.

4wd:
Mine won't update definitions anymore automatically.  I have to download it and install the definitions.  Definitely annoying.
-wraith808 (October 07, 2016, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I created a scheduled task that updates them every hour, got tired of it telling me the definitions were out of date.

I'll export and attach later when I'm officially awake.

Here you go, you might need to edit (Author, User ID, etc) but all the info is there:

--- Code: Text ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><Task version="1.4" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">  <RegistrationInfo>    <Date>2015-08-13T19:55:24.4416143</Date>    <Author>8x8x64\4wd</Author>    <URI>\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Definition Update</URI>  </RegistrationInfo>  <Triggers>    <CalendarTrigger>      <Repetition>        <Interval>PT1H</Interval>        <StopAtDurationEnd>false</StopAtDurationEnd>      </Repetition>      <StartBoundary>2015-08-13T09:50:00</StartBoundary>      <Enabled>true</Enabled>      <ScheduleByDay>        <DaysInterval>1</DaysInterval>      </ScheduleByDay>    </CalendarTrigger>  </Triggers>  <Principals>    <Principal id="Author">      <UserId>S-1-5-18</UserId>      <RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>    </Principal>  </Principals>  <Settings>    <MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>    <DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>true</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>    <StopIfGoingOnBatteries>true</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>    <AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>    <StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable>    <RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>true</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>    <IdleSettings>      <StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>      <RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>    </IdleSettings>    <AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>    <Enabled>true</Enabled>    <Hidden>false</Hidden>    <RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>    <DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>    <UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>false</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>    <WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun>    <ExecutionTimeLimit>PT72H</ExecutionTimeLimit>    <Priority>7</Priority>  </Settings>  <Actions Context="Author">    <Exec>      <Command>"C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"</Command>      <Arguments>-SignatureUpdate -MMPC</Arguments>    </Exec>  </Actions></Task>

4wd:
Shortly after I updated to the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 Pro x64 I noticed that my primary display no longer gets any video signal after waking my PC from sleep.-Deozaan (September 03, 2016, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you ever manage to find out what was the reason or did it come good in a later update, Deo?

Deozaan:
Did you ever manage to find out what was the reason or did it come good in a later update, Deo?
-4wd (January 30, 2017, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had stopped putting my PC to sleep and instead either left it running or shut it down completely to avoid the issue.

Eventually I forgot that I ever had this problem and probably around the new year I began putting my PC to sleep at night again and the problem hasn't happened yet.

But as of about mid-December, my other monitor has started having issues when I turn on my PC, though I'm fairly confident it's unrelated. My screen is a pale grey, then looks like "clouds" form on it, then there are either some bright or dark lines of pixels that show up at the top, soon replaced by several lines of glitchy pixels at the top of the screen which gradually expand down toward the bottom until finally the picture comes back, but the colors are messed up. Once it reaches that point, I can shut the monitor off and turn it on again and the colors are all good. But if I try to restart the monitor earlier in the process, it continues about from where it left off. It's like it needs to "warm up" a bit first. It has happened both when resuming from sleep and also when powering on from an off state.

I took a video of it using my tablet. It seems to be worse and last longer since I took this video:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version