ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

No video after resuming from sleep - Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

<< < (7/7)

Shades:
Wasn't this high voltage thing a thing from the past? CRT monitors/TVs needed 10.000Volts to get the system started, but I thought that such high voltages aren't required for LCD-/LED-based monitors or TVs.

Of course, a jolt of 220-240 volts or 110 Volts isn't fun either...

4wd:
Wasn't this high voltage thing a thing from the past? CRT monitors/TVs needed 10.000Volts to get the system started, but I thought that such high voltages aren't required for LCD-/LED-based monitors or TVs.-Shades (January 31, 2017, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're correct, it's not high voltage as such, being below 1000V it's technically low voltage but still hazardous/lethal.

The main capacitor of a switchmode PSU can discharge around 350-400V, it's usually the biggest and closest to the AC input, can be anything around 220-400uF.

Deozaan:
But as of about mid-December, my other monitor has started having issues when I turn on my PC, though I'm fairly confident it's unrelated. My screen is a pale grey, then looks like "clouds" form on it, then there are either some bright or dark lines of pixels that show up at the top, soon replaced by several lines of glitchy pixels at the top of the screen which gradually expand down toward the bottom until finally the picture comes back, but the colors are messed up. Once it reaches that point, I can shut the monitor off and turn it on again and the colors are all good. But if I try to restart the monitor earlier in the process, it continues about from where it left off. It's like it needs to "warm up" a bit first. It has happened both when resuming from sleep and also when powering on from an off state.

I took a video of it using my tablet. It seems to be worse and last longer since I took this video:

-Deozaan (January 31, 2017, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

This problem went away once the weather warmed up. And suddenly this past week when it finally cooled down again the problem has returned. So it does seem to be related to the monitor's temperature.

4wd:
This problem went away once the weather warmed up. And suddenly this past week when it finally cooled down again the problem has returned. So it does seem to be related to the monitor's temperature.-Deozaan (September 19, 2017, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Still looks/sounds like classic symptoms of the electrolytics dying.

4wd:
There you go, this problem seemed to have been fixed in some MS update at some point since it hadn't occurred on my machine since a couple or so months after the initial Anniversary Update.

Have now upgraded the HD6850 to a RX560 and it's back ... terrific  :-\

Machine is totally unresponsive trying to wake from sleep mode sometimes which then needs a push of the reset button.

Time to dive into the Eventlog and Google again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version