ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement

<< < (7/12) > >>

oblivion:
Some potential designs here. I've spent a little longer on choice of font than I think I expected to need and (naturally) I can continue to modify anything here as required.

Main font: Stencil N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement
Main font: Newform N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement
Main font: Quartz N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement
Main font: Keyboard N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement
Ditto (alternate design) N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement

I dropped the quality settings down slightly to keep the filesize down but can also produce higher quality output if required.

oblivion:
I'm hopeful that it'll be ready for release on the same timescale
-oblivion (December 09, 2016, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
It was, too.
In case anyone cares... there's a maternity application in use in the UK that has a few issues I decided I'd try to remedy.

First, a message of the day at login to remind midwives (in a reasonably cheerful way) that some of the shortcuts they often take with the application are a Really Bad Idea.

Second, assign an F1 key to a .CHM file that's pretty much an FAQ for the application. (The supplier's documentation is all but nonexistent, and entirely nonexistent within the program itself.)

Third, make a facility where a Consultant of the Week could be chosen from a menu by a select few and would appear to anyone needing to be reminded of who it was, at login or when desired at a press of the F2 key.

And for everything to look like it's an integral part of the application itself.

As I said, it's of relatively limited use: however, the techniques I used to achieve everything could probably be adapted to a variety of other (networked) applications and if anyone's interested I'd be willing to share lumps of code.

skwire:
Some potential designs here.-oblivion (December 15, 2016, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for your work!  I like the "Keyboard" font ones the best.  However, I'm not a huge fan of the different colour combos between the "NANY 2017" and the blurb beneath the construction image.  I think a version with black text for both would be better.

oblivion:
I think a version with black text for both would be better.-skwire (December 27, 2016, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
While I often try to avoid the starkness of black, who am I to argue?  :D

Your wish, therefore, is my command!
N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement

Tuxman:
Now the DC ad text should be less blurry and we're happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version