ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2017

N.A.N.Y. 2017 Announcement

<< < (6/12) > >>

Tuxman:
Wouldn't a monospaced ("coding",  as weirdos call it) font make more sense?

oblivion:
^ this all just personal taste, others will vary!-tomos (December 09, 2016, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Of course :)

But finding something that appeals to your personal taste probably means -- unless you're very unusual indeed -- that it'll work for others too. Design is about both form and function, after all!

I dont like the 'plasticky' feel of it, and I dont like the way the numbers are done in the font.
Afraid I'm not good at creative suggestions, just able to say what I dont like :-/

--- End quote ---

Okay, that's probably more helpful than you think! As far as the number style is concerned, I don't disagree. The 3D style is just one more option amongst many -- I applied that style to the font, it didn't start out that way!

I've done some work to consolidate my font collections in one place since I designed this initially, which makes browsing options quicker and easier; I'll go away and play.

oblivion:
Wouldn't a monospaced ("coding",  as weirdos call it) font make more sense?
-Tuxman (December 09, 2016, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Probably. :)

I was just trying not to be too obvious, when I put the first draft together. Maybe there's an argument that says we should keep what works!  8)

oblivion:
For what it's worth, the main DonationCoder.com font is Arial Black.
-mouser (December 09, 2016, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks -- I'll plug that in too :)

tomos:
Maybe two fonts on the left ?
NANY
and a different one for
?
I'm just throwing out ideas now.
Maybe a monospaced for the numbers? (Consolas has nice number 'shapes', but I not well up on monospaced fonts)

But that does make it more complicated, getting two fonts that work well together...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version