ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Outlook is disappointing

<< < (7/7)

dr_andus:
Mouse hover is more like mouse hibernation now.  You have to wait until the Winter is over for it to hot track the items.  :)
-MilesAhead (September 30, 2016, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

This might have to do with your machine specs and internet connection. Mouse hover is instant for me (I'm on a 13MB/sec broadband connection with a core i5 8GB RAM chromebook).
-dr_andus (September 30, 2016, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mostly it seems to be Firefox newer than 42.0.
-MilesAhead (September 30, 2016, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see what you meant now. I have just experienced the same problem in Chrome and IE on a powerful Win7 machine. It seems like Outlook is waiting for some stuff to download before it can display the mouse hover.

I think it's a Windows (OS) problem rather than a Firefox or machine specs problem, as on a lighter OS such as Chrome OS (Chromebook) all this is instant. Maybe Outlook.com is just too resource-intensive for older OS's.

This is a bit ironic though as Outlook is an MS product and so it should have the best performance on its own OS. I don't have time to test it now but I presume maybe it's faster in Edge on Win10?

tomos:
Maybe Outlook.com is just too resource-intensive for older OS's.
-dr_andus (October 03, 2016, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

the Outlook is cloudy . . .

MilesAhead:
Maybe Outlook.com is just too resource-intensive for older OS's.
-dr_andus (October 03, 2016, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

the Outlook is cloudy . . .
-tomos (October 03, 2016, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Speaking of which Hurricane Mathew shows more chance of Miami experiencing tropical strength winds.  I hope it veers off.  Whipping rain is no fun when you are outside.  I have been lucky so far.  Most tropical storms miss Miami.  We get the wash rainstorms from many miles away.  But that inspires less paranoia than wondering where you will hunker down.

But as for the old OS theory, Opera 12.18 x64 snaps open accessing the same account on the same machine.  And the Firefox thing is not just on Outlook.  If I use any FF newer than 42.0 the text for my Bookmark Folders appears on the Bookmarks Bar.  But the folder icons don't fill in for about 20 seconds.  On 42.0 it is nearly instant.  Opera 12 does not encounter the Progress Bar Splash Page because I never signed in to Outlook with it.  Always through the hotmail portal.  They must save some identifier on the server because once I sign in with a particular browser I am stuck with the splash screen forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version